Kity 618/619

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I am collecting my table saw (Kity 618) tonight from a mates, and need it to both go in the back of my car (discovery, so a bit of space) and to be manageable by just me at the far end. I will have help at the pickup point- if it is ridiculous to get out back at home, I will have to collar somebody to assist tomorrow.

My plan was to strip as much as I can down- top off, possibly cabinet off. etc.

I have the manual for the 619 which is as close as I can find to mine. The 619 is quoted at 160kg- the 618 shouldnt be quite as heavy because the motor is smaller, and it is a bit less heavy duty. When I looked at it, it didnt feel 160kg!

Has anybody removed the top from a kity saw and can offer any pearls of wisdom?

Any idea on the weight or the weight of the top?

Thanks
Mark

I've not removed the top on mine, but I'd suggest it's 50kg max.
I can move it fairly easily on my own.

I'd remove the rails and wings, but leave the top attached, and remove the bottom half of the cabinet so it fits in the car.

Easy :)

it wasnt as heavy as I expected. The 619 must be a beast in comparison.

I did more or less as you describe, but laid it down with the full cabinet on. 50odd kgs won't be far off at all- the manual that came with it says 65kg with stand.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Marcos, just resurrecting this old thread. I've just acquired an old Kity 0618 table saw, did you ever find a manual or was it just the 619 manual you have? I've just started searching but info seems a bit thin in the ground/on the web?

Hi. Looking back at the thread, I think I had a manual but I am not sure where it is now. I will have a look though.

Just be very careful taking it apart. Take lots of photos each time you remove something.even taking the top off is a pain as the nuts and washers are loose and some are incredibly difficult to get to. Ask me how I know.

Just be very careful taking it apart. Take lots of photos each time you remove something.even taking the top off is a pain as the nuts and washers are loose and some are incredibly difficult to get to. Ask me how I know.
Good call thanks, but I've been there and done that. Time in the workshop late at night or being in a rush are the worse !!

Marcros, your googlefu was stronger than mine. That’s the one I found when I had my 618, but couldn’t find it again yesterday when I looked.

Back