kity 613 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leptus

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there i need advice on replacing the motor in my kity 613 bandsaw any advice will be greatly received :cry:

sorry mate, can't really help, but I have the same problem with my startrite. It is underpowered and I want to 'soup it up'!
I have looked at machinemart, and what I learnt was that I require 4 pole (or is it 2) and at least 1hp. However I have also been told to double what I think are my requirements and I'll be close.

I will be very interested to see what you decide to do, as I have been warned off MM, having been told that English motors are far superior, and would be a far better bet. Maybe look for a 2nd hand motor? Ebay maybe, but again, be careful as you don't want to buy a duff motor.

Sorry I can't be more help, but if I do get any result for mine I will PM you and let you know. What hp do you need?

HTH

Neil

Guys

Back when I used to design machines for the bakery industry, I used to use an Italian motor company called Bonfiglioli, they were reasonably priced, supplied really good motors, and were available in a massive range of sizes and mounting configurations; not to mention a midboggling array of motor/gearbox configurations.

Unfortunately I no longer have the contact details for the company, but I'm sure that you could google them.

Cheers

Aled

Edit - try http://www.bonfiglioli.com

hi neil thanks for your reply please let us know how you get on when you get fit to your saw.

Latest posts

Back