kity 5 bestcombi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazsimpson

Reaction score
hi, i have just bought a kity 5 bestcombi which is an ok condition however the manual i got with it is in a sorry state and it doesnt show how to attatch the motor to the spindle moulder, can anyone help me out and where can i buy spare parts and cutters. many thanks. regards gary.

gazsimpson":2mkjcvhi said:
hi, i have just bought a kity 5 bestcombi which is an ok condition however the manual i got with it is in a sorry state and it doesnt show how to attatch the motor to the spindle moulder, can anyone help me out and where can i buy spare parts and cutters. many thanks. regards gary.

These Kity machines aren't made any more.
spares are difficult to find, It's best to trawl ebay or similar for big bits, but they rarely go wrong, suffering from abuse and or neglect is common.
If you are keeping it, try and grab a new drive belt, not always easy to find.
You have, by memory, one belt, fits all, on that model, so ensuring the rotation, with the motor is correct just slip the belt underneath, onto the spindle shaft, and then onto the motor pulley.
what cutter blocks and tooling Does you're machine have with it, and what size is the spindle moulder shaft?
Does you're machine have "square" legs or base?
Asking questions on cutter tooling, it depends on what cutter block you have.
Best is you have none, then you will hopefully get safety cutters, with limiters, I would start with Axminster power tools and get a copy of their catalogue, most stuff is in there with a good base price to work from, but watch out for empty pockets, as it can be like a toy shop!
If you search woodmen k5, you will see loads of information, a little on you're much later model,(look on the motor plate) mine is a woodmen, made in 1979 and still OK but several changes were made, over the years.
The man who passes on the PDF file that he kindly sends to everyone asking, I see is away at the moment so look out for someone owning one, that may copy their paperwork.
HTH Regards Rodders

Hi Gary
I'm back from my jaunt down under (unfortunately), so if you still need the file, send me a pm with your email address and I'll sort it.

Rodders has answered most of your questions I think but feel free to ask if anything else and I'll help if I can.

cheers
Bob

Back