Kity 432 planer thicknesser - advice sought

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope somebody can provide some pointers.

I bought the above item a couple of years back off the bay. Not one of my wisest purchases, and to date it has sat under my workbench awaiting attention..... :lol:

Anyway, I have two questions:

1) There was no fence with the Kity when I bought it. Does anybody know if a replacement can be bought? I did check when I bought the machine, but Kity had not long since gone into liquidaiton/receivership/administration, and nobody really knew where to direct me or if parts were still available for the 432.

If I can't buy an original, any suggestions on a home made fence????

2) The bed of the thicknesser section is heavily scored - looks like somebody sent heavily nailed timber through it - :evil: . Also, it is quite short (12 inches) - I could place an MDF cover over the original table, but does anybody have experience/suggestions on extending the length of the table. Obviously, putting a bigger bit of MDF, but there is only so far that idea can be taken before the ends would become unstable and bend out of alignment.

Hope you can help.

Cheers

Karl

karlley":1nc51yjb said:
Does anybody know if a replacement (fence) can be bought?
Kity was taken over in effect by Scheppach, wasn't it? In the UK that means NMA Agencies. Just don't hold your breath

If I can't buy an original, any suggestions on a home made fence????
A while back I came across an overhand planer where someone had bolted a piece of ground angle iron to the infeed bed to do just that. Not sure how well it worked, though :shock:

The bed of the thicknesser section is heavily scored..... Also, it is quite short (12 inches) - I could place an MDF cover over the original table.....
Forget MDF - way to soft and wears too easily. Instead make-up an auxilliary bed from 18mm MFC (melamine-faced chipboard). This has a hard, smooth, slippy surface and it van be made 6 to 10in longer than the original table, although you will lose 18mm off your thicknessing capacity. You might be better off buying a couple of roller supports to get support for long pieces:

p1470218_x.jpg

100059_xl.jpg

Scrit

Thanks for the suggestions Scrit - contacted NMA - replacement fence is available, but for £169 plus a Vodka & Tonic. Might just go for a bit of that angle iron after all... :lol:

Would like to hear from any other 432 users out there.......

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for the suggestions Scrit - contacted NMA - replacement fence is available, but for £169 plus a Vodka & Tonic. Might just go for a bit of that angle iron after all... :lol:

Would like to hear from any other 432 users out there.......

Cheers

Karl
Hi Karl don't suppose you know where to get replacement belts for this do you? Thanks lee

Hi Karl don't suppose you know where to get replacement belts for this do you? Thanks lee
Leeroy, I fear you will not be seeing a reply from Karl as he has not been on since 2017.

My old kity tablesaw used a ribbed belt. After removing it I could count the ribs, measure the length and ordered from one of multiple online stores.

Fitz

Kity where taken over by Scheppach and the PT's offered re-badged by them, still made as far as I know, perhaps an e-mail too them may help with the belt spares, certainly I picked up spares from a Scheppach dealer in France some years ago

Back