Kitchen worktops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandK

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all , are there any companies that you could recommend for solid wood kitchen worktops on the other hand are there any companies to avoid or are they all much the same?
Thanks.

I've used Wood Worktops a few times (Oak Worktops Suppliers Solid Wood Kitchen Worktops Buy Online) and been happy with their prime oak boards.

Worktop Express messed me about a bit once (had a product out of stock, and then wanted to charge a £50 cancellation fee for a CAD drawing they'd done... of a rectangle). Probably a minor gripe, so I wouldn't discount them if they had what you want.

Thank you for all the answers. I have explained to SWMBO the differences in the staves as regarding the budget it will depend upon her, so she will say tomorrow this is what she wants that will change come Thursday by next week it will have changed again hopefully by the end of the month a decision will have been reached. Thanks again.

The average punter will probably have no idea what a stave is, nor the relative costs of large long staves (planks) vs what seems to be a fairly standard ~40mm wide, ~300 long stave.

They are just "solid" oak, or beech, or walnut, or etc. The popularity of Oak Furniture Land is some evidence for this.

As woodworkers we understand the difference. Whether you have the budget to fulfill your (her) desires is another matter!

Worktop Express very good - I found the online bespoke design service good for getting a curved corner cut to my spec.

A few years ago a previous worktop from them split along a glue line after cutting a hob hole. They collected it, completely recut a replacement, oiled and returned with 3-4 days without quibble. First class service.

Back