Kitchen Worktop Jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNight

Established Member
Reaction score
Need to buy a worktop jig for next week, just wondering if anybody had any reccomendations? Need a 700mm jig with the three worktop connections cut out. Had a look at the makita one with a carry bag and the unika one from axminster or screwfix. Thanks.

I've got a relatively cheap trend jig. My only advice is not to buy too expensive if you're not doing many worktops. I've only done a couple with mine but it's not worth selling cos nobody will pay much for it (at least that's what I found last time I looked at selling it).

Dave

I paid about £50 inc p&p for a brand new jig off e-bay about 5 years ago. Its done everything i've asked of it. This one to be precise.

Don't really understand the point in spanking a load of cash on a jig with a million holes in it, most of which you will never use or understand what they're for!

Cheers

Karl

Karl":ztavvt4l said:
I paid about £50 inc p&p for a brand new jig off e-bay about 5 years ago. Its done everything i've asked of it. This one to be precise.

Don't really understand the point in spanking a load of cash on a jig with a million holes in it, most of which you will never use or understand what they're for!

Cheers

Karl

I'm with Karl - I bought a similar but larger one for slightly more when I fitted a kitchen for a mate a few years back - paid for itself.

Thanks very much for the replies. Ive recently got work where there is around 500 kitchens to be fitted! So is going to see some use. Ive opted for the makita one £79.99 and free storage bag, not to bad I think.

500 kitchens :shock: take forever.
i have a 700mm unika it was about £70, been o so far

speed":y4a2m6jp said:

Even at two per week (and they'd have to be small kitchens!), that's 5 years work !

Cheers

Karl

I have a Trend jig about the only Trend thing I would ever recommend :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had it for years I think it was only around the £100 mark with a bag. What I like most about it are the location pins they are proper machined chunks of aluminium not plastic rubbish that you get with the cheaper jigs.

I see they still sell my one here below but its only up to 650 but they do a bigger one for more money if you need bigger.

http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/product/C ... ular_.html

Heres a picture of the location pins
4783246057_7514166774.jpg

MickCheese":2nn890im said:
A jig will only last as long as you are careful not to nick it with the bit. An expensive one will be just as ruined as a cheap one if you pull the bit through the edges.

Mick

If you do manage to "nick" it, as long as it isn't too bad, it can easily be filled with plastic padding and carefully sanded back to shape - works a treat

Bob

Karl":2i7yndbu said:
speed":2i7yndbu said:

Even at two per week (and they'd have to be small kitchens!), that's 5 years work !

Cheers

Karl

Not just me. There are about four teams of two. We fit a kitchen a day each team, and also box in pipes and fit bath panels in the bathroom.

Back