kitchen hinge selection - advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, a littl problem I'm hoping you can help me with

In our kitchen units, we have sliding baskets, the runners are going so I am in the process of replacing them.

I bought from IKEA the Rationelle drawers with extra fronts which seem to be fine.

On fitting the first I noticed they need the overlay kitchen door not to obstruct the width of the opening, the kitchen door do not fully get out of the way from the opening and the hinges are at their limit of their adjustment in that direction.

These drawers are designed for IKEA kitchens with doors with hinges at the side so they must have hinges that fully position the door out of the way, and not leave it 5mm overlapping inwards as ours do.

So hunting for hinges that fully put the door out of the way I cannot seem to locate any (or more accurately cannot figure out from the descriptions if they are the correct ones I need)

Anyone with knowledge of such matters can advice me on hinges I should buy, before I take all the drawers back to iKEA for a refund

many thanks in advance

If you have 18mm carcases with layon doors then yes a 0mm mounting plate will also be needed, if you have 15mm carcases then a 3mm plate will make up the difference.

J

Back