KIDS!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well the gate i have just put up outside our home didn't last long before the vandals got to it! Some little darling has just written on the front of it in felt pen!! Any ideas how to get rid of this apart from sanding the whole thing down again? Many thanks guys. I think a gun is in order. :evil:

mailee":2w33hp0o said:
Well the gate i have just put up outside our home didn't last long before the vandals got to it! Some little darling has just written on the front of it in felt pen!! Any ideas how to get rid of this apart from sanding the whole thing down again? Many thanks guys. I think a gun is in order. :evil:

:x

Try meths.

Brad

mailee":2mhxlv11 said:
Well the gate i have just put up outside our home didn't last long before the vandals got to it! Some little darling has just written on the front of it in felt pen!! Any ideas how to get rid of this.....
AK-47? Or do you mean the felt tip? I'd try dilute oxallic acid, although it won't remove so-called permanent inks.

Scrit

what did they write on the gate ????
no jehovahs or double glazing salesman ???
:shock: :shock:
dont go shooting them neither , you only bring bad press to us shooters

it seems that you will have to sand it out and start again . cant remember what finish you used :-k

hate acts of mindless vandalism :evil:

you could try staining a darker colour next time and highlighting the writting in a different colour

regards
mel

Or leave it a couple of weeks, so as not to appear too "keen" before sorting it out. They might tire of looking to see if its still there.

Adam

Thanks for the replies guys. I did try White spirit and even thinners, I didn't have any meths. None worked so I go to with the sandpaper and re-applied the stain. Looks ok again now. It was obviously mindless vandals Mel as they wrote their names on it!! Looks like that reflects the state of education nowadays! Sorry Mel don't want to get you shooters into hot water, now is there a landmine club I could set a couple of those. he he. :lol:

Back