Khan's ULEZ scam >road charging

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find this level of hypocrisy genuinely disgusting.

Trying to justify child labour so you can drive a 2 tonne heap of plastic, lithium and cobalt is despicable.

Electric cars cause an unholy level of pollution to make as well as relying on slave labour.

They’re rubbish aswell. They don’t work in the cold and the range isn’t half what is claimed unless you drive like a nun. Worst week of my life was in a ID3. Fischer price quality rubbish for £40k.

But it’s ok. Because china own the mines run by militant gangs and they make the batteries. So we can blame them for the pollution and suffering that causes.

The west has had its day thank god. The Petrodollar is ending as is the $ as the global reserve currency.

Condemning Russia for invading Ukraine under provocation whilst occupying 30% of Syria?

Calling Putin a war criminal but Bush and Blair aren’t?

The rest of the world has finally told us where to go and good on them.

Similar to the hypocrisy of not being prepared to pay for the pollution you contribute to that is killing children in the U.K.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi..., air pollution,and 36,000 deaths every year.

Nowhere near. Are you for real? You’re comparing child slavery with U.K. kids breathing modern vehicle emissions?
People like you make my water boil. What a utterly pathetic statement typical of a silly person in his glass house.

I bet you sit in the middle of the road holding hands with silly pensioners and girls with hairy armpits.

Pollution is much lower now than when I was a kid, and much lower than when my Grandad was a kid.

Just think about the comparison you just made. it’s genuinely disgusting and elitist.

Nowhere near. Are you for real? You’re comparing child slavery with U.K. kids breathing modern vehicle emissions?
People like you make my water boil. What a utterly pathetic statement typical of a silly person in his glass house.

I bet you sit in the middle of the road holding hands with silly pensioners and girls with hairy armpits.

Pollution is much lower now than when I was a kid, and much lower than when my Grandad was a kid.

Just think about the comparison you just made. it’s genuinely disgusting and elitist.
So people dying is not as bad as child labour? Good to know that.

So people dying is not as bad as child labour? Good to know that.

You’re genuinely ridiculous. Or stupid. If you’re stupid I apologise for calling you ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with a lot of child labour. It’s the only way families get by in the third world you silly person.

This is not normal child labour. It’s gang enforced slave labour in conditions from 1000 years ago. It’s barbaric.

How many 100’s of people do you think die a day in Congolese cobalt mines, compared to your silly bs statistics about U.K. air pollution?

Get real you drip.

I think you could easily ban all cars in London because they have plenty of buses, taxis and the underground so travel is not a hardship like in more rural areas.
I think that is what might be classed as a 'sweeping generalisation' :giggle: If you need to carry things about in any city then you need a vehicle of sorts . I ran a business in London for 30 odd years, and had I not needed to have run a vehicle, then I certainly would not have.

London, does not just rely on Financial institutions, Government and local authorities to function. I relies on small businesses, micro businesses, and even one man and his van. This is what keeps it working. To penalise what might be classed as the 'bottom feeders' is short sighted.

Any government that is at all serious about removing polluting vehicles from our cities is going to have to offer some form of subsidy to speed up this transition.to cleaner transport. There should not be a reliance on the cities, themselves, to cobble together schemes that, through lack of adequate funding. will invariably penalise the working poor.

You’re genuinely ridiculous. Or stupid. If you’re stupid I apologise for calling you ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with a lot of child labour. It’s the only way families get by in the third world you silly person.

This is not normal child labour. It’s gang enforced slave labour in conditions from 1000 years ago. It’s barbaric.

How many 100’s of people do you think die a day in Congolese cobalt mines, compared to your silly bs statistics about U.K. air pollution?

Get real you drip.
The stats for 40000 child labourers is from 2014. The definition of child used is under 18. The school leaving age in DRC is 16. Since 2018 the numbers of artisanal miners has been declining. The Amnesty ‘quote’ of children as young as seven picking rocks is the typical exception picked up by media. The DRC has many more issues than Cobalt mining, such as child prostitution, child soldiers and massive poverty.

I’m certainly not defending it just reacting to your vehement over reaction.

Take a look at your own response stating the “silly bs statistics about U.K. air pollution”, take a deep breath and understand people are responding to you not the situation in Congo.

Edit: according to reports from a court case against Cobalt using companies,14 children died in Cobalt mines in 2019.

Last edited:

Get real you drip.
There's lots wrong with child labour, even the most cursory of glances at India's brick making industry will tell you that.

Apologies. I shouldn’t have reacted like I did.

I guess kids identifying as cats, ukraine, interest rates, rubbish government, covid, carbon emissions and the constant stream of propaganda on the news has been winding me up and that was the final straw.

Comparing privileged, soft U.K. kids breathing exhaust fumes in some of the least polluted cities in the world, whilst glued to their iPhones. To Men, Women and Children slaving away in toxic, poisonous pits with no shoes let alone safety wear. Really offended me and I’m not easily offended. Cobalt damages skin, eyes, heart and lungs.

The worst human atrocities in the last 100 years have been committed in the Congo. The suffering was unimaginable before we decided to enslave them to mine cobalt.

I don’t understand how anyone can justify the widespread implementation of electric cars when this is the cost.

I will stay out of the general chat section from now on. I thought on this type of forum people might have common sense opinions.

I won’t revisit this thread or section.

Apologies. I shouldn’t have reacted like I did.

I guess kids identifying as cats, ukraine, interest rates, rubbish government, covid, carbon emissions and the constant stream of propaganda on the news has been winding me up and that was the final straw.

Comparing privileged, soft U.K. kids breathing exhaust fumes in some of the least polluted cities in the world, whilst glued to their iPhones. To Men, Women and Children slaving away in toxic, poisonous pits with no shoes let alone safety wear. Really offended me and I’m not easily offended. Cobalt damages skin, eyes, heart and lungs.

The worst human atrocities in the last 100 years have been committed in the Congo. The suffering was unimaginable before we decided to enslave them to mine cobalt.

I don’t understand how anyone can justify the widespread implementation of electric cars when this is the cost.

I will stay out of the general chat section from now on. I thought on this type of forum people might have common sense opinions.

I won’t revisit this thread or section.
Avoid sharpening and track saws too if I were you! 🤣🤣🤣

Gotta admit; the amount of traffic and exhaust fumes in London on any given day (once in the morning and again during evening rush hour) is really not good for anything. I'm all for cleaner vehicles; however the phase out of most more polluting vehicles would have happened naturally in a few years anyway as people get rid of their older models. Sadist Khans scheme is obviously a cash grab and the green agenda is just the excuse he needed to get away with it. I've recently scrapped my old diesel van but the recompense was nowhere enough to buy a Euro 6 replacement; luckily I landed a job with a van so I use that. Its bang out of order how this scheme has been implemented; it's really gonna cut some tradesmen deep. Electric vehicles oh dear oh dear oh dear; not enough room in London for most residents to charge them, Victorian cabling still in use across alot of the city which couldn't handle the demand if everyone had a EV anyway, cobalt batteries; EV chassis cracking when going over speed bumps due to the extra weight, higher insurance costs, not as environmentally friendly as they lead you to beleive, the list is endless. I honestly think horse and carts should make a comeback in some industries I really do.

At least horse manure is good for the garden; cant say that for electrical vehicles. Politicians; I really dont have the time or energy to mention about them. Interesting thou about horse manure in 1894, I wonder if they burned it for fuel back then if they ran out of coal ?

I think you could easily ban all cars in London because they have plenty of buses, taxis and the underground so travel is not a hardship like in more rural areas.

Rather than play around with these clean zones, in reality they need to be looking ahead and planing for when London becomes the UKs Venice.
So how pray do you get to places a long way away from London? Pubic transport is ok if don't have to achieve anything like when got home by bus other week it's round 5miles and took............................................2Hours and luckily didn't have anything frozen or very perishable or would have been bin fodder.

We now have a third "Don't talk about" used to only be politics and religion we must now include ULEZ or is it child labour.

So how pray do you get to places a long way away from London? Pubic transport is ok if don't have to achieve anything like when got home by bus other week it's round 5miles and took............................................2Hours and luckily didn't have anything frozen or very perishable or would have been bin fodder.
Politicians seem unable to understand that problems in cities and large towns often don't really affect the rest of the the Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back