Khan's ULEZ scam >road charging

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeless Squirrel

Established Member
Reaction score
So it looks like Khans ulez scam is now evolving/evolved into road charging as TFL have listed on their Website to recruit someone to run pay per mile position oddly post ends for you to get CV in by end of this week! (Will be someone in house as just a token listing to conform)
You tube has it on there Jeff buys cars is one.
Oddly you can be working from Coventry also! but we know .Gov have there dirty paws amongst it all (anywhere there is a pound there is a crooked politician)

I'm glad I moved out of London when I did. If the emissions zone had been extended. I would certainly have had to pay a charge for having a non- compliant vehicle. I believe that the government put a halt to this extension, as against the present back-drop it would have caused more hardship.

They say that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions And, Mr Kahn's intentions are laudable, but he lacks the finances to back a scheme that is both 'carrot and stick' So you will just have the stick - more charges, and no help for people to change their vehicles

It’s a scam. Thank god we rejected it in Manchester but it’s coming.

Once they have taken our ICE cars away from us, they will put a “slavery tax” on electric cars making them for the rich only.

I find it hilarious that the eco nut jobs think a tiny nation scrapping cars will make a difference when 95% of the world burn garbage and animal dung to cook and keep warm.

How anyone can be fine with having 11kg of cobalt in their car batteries, mined by the hands of children in the worst conditions imaginable is beyond me.

If rising seas are an imminent threat why do all these banking bosses have beach front property in California?
How can you get a 40 year mortgage in London if it will be underwater in 20?

I watched an old witch at the world economic forum basically say, “The commoners don’t understand carbon emissions, we need to focus on water. Everyone knows they need water”.

The “west” is a joke. Thank god BRICS will be taking the lead in the near future.

Once they have taken our ICE cars away from us, they will put a “slavery tax” on electric cars making them for the rich only.

I find it hilarious that the eco nut jobs think a tiny nation scrapping cars will make a difference when 95% of the world burn garbage and animal dung to cook and keep warm.

How anyone can be fine with having 11kg of cobalt in their car batteries, mined by the hands of children in the worst conditions imaginable is beyond me.

If rising seas are an imminent threat why do all these banking bosses have beach front property in California?

I watched an old witch at the world economic forum basically say, “The commoners don’t understand carbon emissions, we need to focus on water. Everyone knows they need water”.

The “west” is a joke. Thank god BRICS will be taking the lead in the near future.

Not condoning it, but 10% of cobalt is mined in this way, thoughbut.

What exactly is the scam? How does it work?

Do you have a link to the stats that show that 95% of the world burn garbage and animal dung to cook and keep warm?

What exactly is the scam? How does it work?

Do you have a link to the stats that show that 95% of the world burn garbage and animal dung to cook and keep warm?
Maybe not 95%, but the vast majority of the world does.

Even the idiots who block roads must know this?

Then again middle class idiots are the most ignorant people on earth.

How is it a scam? £10 a day to drive your car (Manchester proposal that was scrapped at last min)

Not condoning it, but 10% of cobalt is mined in this way, thoughbut.
10%?

A0E734F3-4FC8-49B6-A95B-0BCE9D0D2E39.png
I don’t believe google either. It’s more like 80-90%.

Last edited:
10%?

View attachment 161203I don’t believe google either. It’s more like 80-90%.
I don't believe Kev.k. It's more like 2-3%. No more or less valid of an opinion, and still a complete lack of evidence to backup my assertion.

Or after a minute of web searching I can find cobalt production statistics from investment firms showing DRC is 60-70% of global production, and also articles from organisations concerned with human rights abuses who are using these figures. Or the highest I could find on an article from a reputable media outlet is at 75%.

This is an important issue which people need to be aware of, but with hyperbole and unsupported assertions people will shout 'rubbish' rather than engaging.

Most EVs use less than 11kg of Cobalt, think average is around 6kg.
What about air quality in large cities, surely any improvement in that is a good idea?
And lastly, out of interest, which banks own properties by the sea in California?

I think you could easily ban all cars in London because they have plenty of buses, taxis and the underground so travel is not a hardship like in more rural areas.

Rather than play around with these clean zones, in reality they need to be looking ahead and planing for when London becomes the UKs Venice.

Most EVs use less than 11kg of Cobalt, think average is around 6kg.
What about air quality in large cities, surely any improvement in that is a good idea?
And lastly, out of interest, which banks own properties by the sea in California?
Not banks. The people who run them earning obscene salaries.

Most EV’s on the road have 11kg. Not talking about ones being made as we speak. And 6 kg is still a disgrace.
ITS GATHERED BY HAND IN POISONOUS CONDITIONS BY CHILDREN!
If you think air quality in cities is a bigger concern you’re genuinely sick, or more likely brainwashed.

I don't believe Kev.k. It's more like 2-3%. No more or less valid of an opinion, and still a complete lack of evidence to backup my assertion.

Or after a minute of web searching I can find cobalt production statistics from investment firms showing DRC is 60-70% of global production, and also articles from organisations concerned with human rights abuses who are using these figures. Or the highest I could find on an article from a reputable media outlet is at 75%.

This is an important issue which people need to be aware of, but with hyperbole and unsupported assertions people will shout 'rubbish' rather than engaging.

The vast majority is mined by slaves in the Congo. That is a fact.

Even if it was 10% it would still be morally wrong on a massive level. It’s utterly disgusting no matter which way you try to dress it up.

People want reparations for slavery over 100 years ago. They discuss it on their phones with batteries that rely on slave labour.

The hilarious hypocrisy of the west is why the rest of the world has turned its back In disgust.

15%-30% of DRC's output of cobalt is produced by artisanal miners, not all of which is carried out by children.

Cut down a bit on the hyperbole and people might take you seriously.

Utter bullshit. I couldn’t care less if someone who supports child slave labour takes me seriously.

Im guessing your sources are the bbc and guardian?

Not banks. The people who run them earning obscene salaries.

Most EV’s on the road have 11kg. Not talking about ones being made as we speak. And 6 kg is still a disgrace.
ITS GATHERED BY HAND IN POISONOUS CONDITIONS BY CHILDREN!
If you think air quality in cities is a bigger concern you’re genuinely sick, or more likely brainwashed.

Kevin, do you think you could be a little more mannerly? And no need to shout. I find if I have a point to put across it's best to be reasonable and calm.

Edit: your latest post #17 ain't doing you no favours.

The vast majority is mined by slaves in the Congo. That is a fact.

Even if it was 10% it would still be morally wrong on a massive level. It’s utterly disgusting no matter which way you try to dress it up.

People want reparations for slavery over 100 years ago. They discuss it on their phones with batteries that rely on slave labour.

The hilarious hypocrisy of the west is why the rest of the world has turned its back In disgust.
Similar to the hypocrisy of not being prepared to pay for the pollution you contribute to that is killing children in the U.K.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi..., air pollution,and 36,000 deaths every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back