Keeping SWMBO happy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got our gate up and SWMBO is very happy now. I had to install a set of posts too as there was none originally so it took a while, like most of the afternoon. I am happy with the results too. :wink:
frontgateca8.jpg

Well Evergreen, the wood used on the gate is Redwood although I think it is also referred to as Deal. I normally use this for softwood gates. The posts are treated timber. I am happy with it now it is up but know I will suffer with my back in the morning. (Can't do much digging with it) I agree Andrew it is about time I did some woodwork for myself and SWMBO echoes that too. :) I do have a computer desk and a shoe cupboard to build for our home too but that will be in the future too. Guess I will wait until 'she' complains some more. :wink: Most of the neighbours asked me what the Chinese Characters meant too. :) Looks like my next job is to cut that hedge again. It grows like hell! :oops:

SOMBO don't give me any grief about doing jobs around the house

I will drop all paid work and do the job she wants to keep her happy (some how she prefers me to work for paying customers)

Maybe I will finish the other half of the kitchen this christmas

Nice gate. :D
Its good to make the odd thing for yourself. =D>

I couldn't make one with the wide gap in the middle, our Samoyed would have her head though it to say hello to everyone passing by. :roll:

Oh Wow Dave, you have a Samoyed, I love those dogs. Many years ago I used to have a ChowChow but she died I am afraid, I just loved that dog. I have no animals at all now as I just don't have the time for one unfortunately, well unless you count the mice in the home I am trying to get rid of! Thanks for the nice comments guys. :D

Latest posts

Back