Just to prove I make things that aren't full of holes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Got a fixed commission for 200 a year of these tapestry bobbins. Not perhaps the most exciting things to make but a good earner and well worth having. Sent a prototype off and they are happy and confired the order so all I need to do nw is knuckle down and get on with it LOL.

Pete

lins tapestry bobbin.jpg

Attachments

• lins tapestry bobbin.jpg
    lins tapestry bobbin.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 760
Not a bad weekends work, what you doing next week?

Good to see some stable commissions coming in, reminds me of the days when we used to have lorry loads of 'shoddy' from the Kidderminster carpet factories, dozens of teak pegs to collect and hoard along with yarn reals swept up from the loom floor.
At least Tapestry repairers and creators should appreciate them a bit more and keep them in circulation a generation or so.

I have a two day show this weekend, a demo in Bristol on Thursday evening and another two day show in Dorset next weekend. Apart from that, collecting a trailer from Gloucester, a pile of oversized needles to finish and some goblets to make not a lot. The customer wants them in batches, not all at once so I can do them, in between other things. Got them all blanked up already, that is the easy part. LOL.

Pete

Latest posts

Back