Just in time!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd try something different when i bought this clock face from Yandles a few weeks ago.
So today,being our 20th wedding anniversary decided to fit the clock face into a nice piece of Yew,and also as a keep sake,aaaaaarh.Soppy git.
I did buy a piece of Zebrano to fit the clock but the wife liked the Yew better,must admit i do as well :D
Outside dia is 200mm x 35mm thick.The base is what was cut from the middle.Waste not want not :wink:
Finished with sanding sealer and Melamine Gloss spray :shock:
What do you think.

Paul.J.

Timed that about right then Paul, wondered how you were going to accommodate that, "I preferred the lighter wood version" comment I heard.

I too prefer the lighter figuring of the Yew.

Nice piece of work there Paul, and you've done well with the frame. Some people make the frames too big and it takes over from the clock face. I think you have got it just right. Also I tend to agree about the Yew, Zebrano could have been too overbearing with its figure and colour.

Again a nice piece of work!

Very nice - agree that the timber looks great,and doesn't overpower the piece.Like the look of the clock movement as well.

Andrew

AAAh bless 'im :lol:

Seiously that's a nice looking piece you have made Paul. Is it my imagination or has that fancy lathe fired your creative spirit? You are turning out some lovely stuff on it

Pete

Congratulations ! !

20 years and no time off for good behaviour :lol:

Superb piece of work, not only in its own right but it speaks for both of you...

(from one soppy git to another :wink: )

Congratulations Paul

We are in our 20th year with 21st anniversary in a couple of days. Didn't think of making something :oops: but replaced the engagement ring lost a month before our wedding as a surprise (with one that cost ten times as much :shock: :cry: )

Hi,
My wife and I have recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, 25 gloriously happy years, then we married :wink:

pete

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Tony & Pete.Congratulations from me.

Graham.Glad to see i'm not the only soppy git then :D

Pete.I don't know if it is the lathe or just all the books and other work i've been taking in,but the lathe does help :lol:

Just gotta find something to do now with the length of Zebrano i've got :?

Paul.J.

Back