Just had to tell you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
It was one of those days today. I had to drive to the main town, about 20 miles away, for several things and a couple of appointments. On the way back from the hospital I called at Jewson's. I needed some 5 x 1 for a new display stand, some screws and some more wood glue. I walked round the shop and the only thing I could not find was the wood glue so I asked the guy behind the counter where they kept it, he walked over and showed me and then asked, "What are you glueing," "Wood," I said.

It's like the time a couple of months back, I had been out all day and around lunch time I was feeling a bit peckish, the only place that was reasonably close was a MacDonalds so I went through the drive through, the girl asked me what I wanted and I said I would have a cheese burger, fries and a coke, then she asked me if I wanted cheese with my cheese burger.

pmsl - yup makes you wonder sometimes.

I sometimes at MacDonalds - ask for an Coke with no ice... " errrr let me ask the mgr, if we can do that "

a mate of mine pointed out to me one day - when you order a white coffee from crapdonalds they always ask " would you like milk in that ? "
bizzarre

i went to my local rubbish tip a while ago, to dump some branches i had lopped off the cherry tree in my garden, i tried to launch it into the big skip labbelled ''wood'', when the council worker looking on said, ''you cant dump that in there mate, this is the wood bin, it has to go in green waste''.

well excuse me, but has sombody changed what trees are then, because i thought they were wood.

rom bloke":1ce84g1a said:
i went to my local rubbish tip a while ago, to dump some branches i had lopped off the cherry tree in my garden, i tried to launch it into the big skip labbelled ''wood'', when the council worker looking on said, ''you cant dump that in there mate, this is the wood bin, it has to go in green waste''.

well excuse me, but has sombody changed what trees are then, because i thought they were wood.

I would imagine the green waste (including green wood) is used for compost whilst the timber is sold to make chipboard etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

paul-c":2vpzksxu said:
a mate of mine pointed out to me one day - when you order a white coffee from crapdonalds they always ask " would you like milk in that ? "
bizzarre

I've been asked if I would like milk when I asked for a black coffee - but apparently there is a reason. Some people like to put the amount of milk in they want. But my cynical mind says that they want a full cup of coffee, take a mouthful and then put the milk in. So you get more for your money.

The difference between US and UK - free refills on coffee and coke etc. Of course we always overdo it and need a toilet 10 minutes after leaving the café. Just wonder how they do the free refills when in UK you pay by the cup/glass.

Brian

My o/h was in a fast food place with her friend and her friend asked for diet coke. The waitress told her she could have as many refills as she wanted. My o/h asked if the same applied to coffee but the answer was no, so she asked for a glass of tap water. :)

finneyb":1ud7id4u said:
paul-c":1ud7id4u said:
bizzarre

I've been asked if I would like milk when I asked for a black coffee - but apparently there is a reason. Some people like to put the amount of milk in they want.

Brian

I prefer to do this because if you ask for a white coffee you often get a frothy thing from a machine where it is all added together, not a coffee made black with milk added at the end. I am not a fan of lattes, cappuccinos etc- maybe drinkers of those are less particular!

Back