just did it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff3

Established Member
Reaction score
Did it this morning, gone and ordered my new Excalibur ex21, Hope I like it, and will soon be looking for a good home for my old faithful Axminster AWFS 18, All I got to do now is tell the wife, LOL.....If I am not on the forum for a few days I will proberly be in the local A & E

geoff3.

well done mate, if my delta every packs up this is the scroll saw i want too, let me know what you think of it please.

Hi Steve,
Axminster delivered my new Excalibur ex 21, today only 25 hours after I ordered it.
First imppesion very nice, ultra smooth and quiet, and its not even bolted down yet, I am re-learning my
blade changing tecnike, one reason I wanted this machine was the lifting arm
so I could top feed, nice blade clamps (tool less ) but I am bending a few blades slotting into the bottom clamp, I know I will sooon get used to it.
A couple of little niggles for the price I did not expect cheap penny pinching
overall the saw is well built and nice and solid, but the dust extraction system is soilt by a cheap bit of cellophane stuck to the underside of the table,
witch gets in the way of threading the blade in the bottom clamp, it also made a Hell of a noise when the blade rubbed against it , I tryed to cut a hole in it and it fell of. I also think the on-off toggle switch is very small and a bit difficult to press correctly every time. and a silly one a nice big big knob for varying the speed but the painted marker is on the wrong side canot see it ffrom my seat.
I know I am a silly old fart but for £500 quid I expected it to be perfect.
still I think I will get to love it in time.

hi geoff
i have to agree, i cant understand why when charging this sort of money for a tool they always spoil it by putting something below average on it.
I must admit, i have taken off the dust bowl that sits below my table on my delta, i dont need it. I do hope you get on ok with it, and if you find anymore niggles then please let me know.

steve

ps. i just wondered why you decided to but the EX21 when for £36 more you could have had a deeper throatof the EX30, but again i like the look of the EX21 better if i'm honest..

Latest posts

Back