Just a quick mention

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkEye

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a bit of a long shot really but I'm trying to get some hands on experience in the construction sector.

I'm studying a BTEC in Construction at college right now in North London. I have two days available to help out anyone wanting help - Tuesdays, and Thursdays. I don't need to be paid, I just want to learn everything I can to do with construction. So if you are a carpentry, tiler, plasterer, general builder, electrican, plumber, whatever, I would really like to help you or someone you might know who needs it, and learn whilst I'm doing it.

My numbers 07982961803. I have a full UK passport, CSCS card (valid until 2015), full UK drivers licence). I have a ACA City & Guilds Award in Bench Joinery, and I'm very keen on carpentry site work, loft conversions, extensions, I would love to learn more about. I'm 24 years old.

Few conditions-
You have to be within 5 miles of NW11
You need to be approachable, and willing to give me advice and guidance, because I'm volunteering for free.

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this.

P.S If you do call me and can't get through please send me a text message, or wait until the daytime when I'm out- my phone has good signal then.

Cheers

- Hawky

Good on you Hawky!

nice to see someone showing a little initiative. I do hope someone takes you up on your offer. If i lived in your area i'd take you on just because you were so keen to show up and learn something, and also showed that you won't be used. Wish there were some as keen as you in my area.

Hi Hawky, We're currently undertaking a substantial refurbishment of a luxury appartment in HA3.

You'd have the opportunity to see some fitted furniture being put in as well as architrave, skirting, stud wall, etc. I'm really offering the opportunity to come and hang out with boys rather than be a free labourer (however you could make the tea :wink:)

If you're interested PM us. You can check out our work on our website.

It's nice to see someone who realises how important a knowledge of other trades is to being good at your own.

Superb - good effort Hawky!! I hope something works out for you - with that kind of attitude, it's surely only a matter of when not if.

I would take Simon up on that Hawky....they are great guys and classy work!

You would learn a huge amount judging by my first impression.

And I would also like to add what a great idea you had there! Hope you enjoy it and wish you much success....

Jim

Back