Jorden's Part 2 [Improver] Final Submission [Complete]

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorden

Established Member
Reaction score
As you can guess from the title, this is where I reveal the finished item. Well almost... The woodwork is complete, but i have not done the upholstery, the reason being is that the I have cut and shaped the woodwork, but to do it justice, I will have to send it out to a professional upholsterer, and this wouldn't be in keeping with the competition.

To recap, the brief was to build a poofe, styled on the existing coffee table, and incorporating a hidden drawer. The build was in recycled oak, if you look closely you may be able to see a couple of screw holes I've made no attempt to disguise.

Here come the pics :) No cheating now, look at the first 2 pictures and see if you can spot the hidden drawer, it is revealed in picture 3.

side2s.jpg

And the other 2 sides:

side1s.jpg

Ok, can you see it?

The answer is below...

Is it where you thought?

are you sure ;)

opendrawers.jpg

howitworkss.jpg

The drawer is built from oak, with a push to close - push to open catch mounted on the rear if it. The drawer runs in an oak sleeve to ensure it will always track correctly and not get crooked over time. The part of the catch mounted in the frame if fixed with 3 machine screws so the projection of the drawer may be adjusted in the future if needed.

The finish is Danish Oil.

Dennis[/img]

Back