John Makepeace exhibition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
John Makepeace - Enriching the Language of Furniture

Happened across this via the local news this evening. An exhibition of Makepeace furniture is currently on at The Devon Guild of Crafstmen, before going on tour to various corners of the country.

18 Sept – 29 Oct 2010: The Devon Guild of Craftsmen, TQ13 9AF (South West)
7 Nov – 24 Dec 2010: Harley Gallery, S80 3LW (East Midlands)
15 Jan – 5 March 2011: Collins Gallery, G1 1XQ (Scotland)
16 March – 15 April: Somerset House, WC2R 1LA (London)
26 April – 16 July 2011: Crafts Study Centre, GU9 7DS (South East)
23 Sept – 20 Nov 2011: Lotherton Hall, LS25 3EB (Yorkshire)

Thanks for posting the information, Alf. Should be worth seeing - I'll probably get along to the South East one.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi, Steve

If you need a lift give me a ring, I want to go to that.

Thanks Alf.

Pete

I would be interested in going to that to if I could tag along (date dependent). I did not even know worksop had a gallery. Clearly I need to work on my culture.
Owen

I was getting excited about the Leeds one as I am there this weekend - then I noticed the year! :oops:

Thanks for the heads up.

Rod :)

Harbo":1job1qny said:
I was getting excited about the Leeds one as I am there this weekend - then I noticed the year! :oops:
At least you noticed before you went along. :D

Ironically I'm not sure I'll be able to get up to Bovey to see it myself. Heigh ho.

Corset":2co4h2f7 said:
I did not even know worksop had a gallery. Clearly I need to work on my culture.
Owen

It`s at Welbeck, outside of worksop, on the Mansfield road. It`s next to the Dukeries garden center which is sign posted.

It`s an excellent gallery, which has many & varied exhibits, well worth a visit, & the restaurant at the garden center isn`t bad either.

If you fellas know when your going, give me a shout, it would be nice to catch up with you & the gallery is only just up the road for me.

Cheers.

Doug.

Doug B":2ks1mgb7 said:
If you fellas know when you're going, give me a shout, it would be nice to catch up with you & the gallery is only just up the road for me.
This is beginning to sound like a nascent Bash...
S

Corset":1skst0n3 said:
I did not even know worksop had a gallery. Clearly I need to work on my culture.
Owen

It hasn't AFAIK. However if you want to see the Wassop culture, come see the sandwich factory and i'll show you the smack heads :lol:

Finally something worth seeing near Worksop :roll:

seanybaby":1amcj53m said:
Corset":1amcj53m said:
Owen

It hasn't AFAIK. However if you want to see the Wassop culture, come see the sandwich factory and i'll show you the smack heads :lol:

Finally something worth seeing near Worksop :roll:
Wassop? I live (almost in) Wirksworth - pronounced Wazza, Wozza, Woksoth, Wuzza, Wakser etc.
Anyway I fancy a trip to Wassop so I'll see you there.
Smack sandwich factory sound more interesting!

Hi, Nottingham Chaps

The 7th November is probbaly out for me (sons birthday) but the rest should be o/k.

Pete

Racers":319hihrl said:
Hi, Nottingham Chaps

The 7th November is probbaly out for me (sons birthday) but the rest should be o/k.

Pete

Think laterally: treat him to a birthday surprise!

Hi, Chaps

Just bumping this back to the top.

When are we going then?

Pete

Alf can you remind me again in a years time please as I'd like to go to the Leeds one and I'm pretty sure I'll have forgotten all about it by next week :D

Ta

Back