Jigsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've run very low and was looking at these -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenox-Tools-20 ... s+25+packs

Has anyone any info. on them? I seem to remember some while ago reading that they were supposed to be good, but even buying this way they are quite expensive. Can anyone recommend bulk packs (25 - 50, not silly numbers unless ludicrously cheap) that are good general purpose blades? Mine are usually damaged before they blunt from use. I usually keep fine ones and AOs for more delicate work. Has anyone found cheap anti splinter inserts for DeWalt?

I can't remember the last time I used mine, in fact I don't know where it is, I tend to use a small plunge router for those sort of jobs.

Mike

phil.p":1ar7jsy6 said:
It'll take me a long time to cut my firewood with a small plunge router.

A jigsaw seems painfully slow for that kind of thing. Why dont you pick up a super cheap mitre saw? .. I assuming its small thin stock else you wouldn't be using a jigsaw.

I have a mitre saw, (and two chainsaws, but only one leg :D ) but a combination of them is perfect - it's not easy to cut pallets, panels, sheet stuff and worktops with a mitre saw. A quid a blade once in a while is also far better economy than ruining a tct saw blade or a chain. I estimated I did between 30 and 40 tons of firewood with my last jigsaw.

No opinions on the Lenox? I think I'll give the Saxton ones ago. I suppose thinking logically I don't tend to blunt them, I tend to damage them - so paying a premium for something that takes twice as long to blunt doesn't make economic sense as I'm more likely to damage it in the same time I took to damage anything else. I tend to use them on quality work until they just start to blunt then demote them to firewood grade. As soon as they are anything like properly blunt I bin them - that and oil is why I got 20 years out of the last saw. If the DeWalt does half what the Bosch did I shall be delighted.

Latest posts

Back