Jet scroll saw repair - Repair help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyElizabeth

Reaction score
Hi

My Dad has a JET JWSS22B-401E scroll saw but its currently not working, he believes the bushes need replacing but it could be something else.

Does anyone know of any repair companies in the UK?

You say not working but is it completely dead or does the motor run, do you mean bushes or brushes which are in the motor, if so what makes him think this?
If brushes then a good electrical firm will probably be able to match brushes and clean the armature for you.

You say not working but is it completely dead or does the motor run, do you mean bushes or brushes which are in the motor, if so what makes him think this?
If brushes then a good electrical firm will probably be able to match brushes and clean the armature for you.

Agree.
First check the power supply from the wall socket to the saw, where it goes into the switches. Loose wire, broken wire?

Forgive me if Hull is in the UK or in Quebec but either way I would contact Jet and ask where the nearest tool repair centres are. It might be more costly than if you find a small motor repair shop near you.
Service & Support - JET Tools - Quality Woodworking Tools Bottom of the page. I think it is the US site but they should be able to tell you where to go or who to contact.

Pete

Back