JET JMS10 CMS dimensions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all, I've ordered a JET JMS10 compound mitre saw and while I'm waiting on delivery I thought I'd crack on with making the saw station for it. Problem is I need to know the dimensions of the base (specifically the depth of the base and its width). If anyone's got one I'd appreciate the info.
BTW the long awaited workshop refit is well under way, I'll wait til its finished tho before posting WIP pics; its frustrating seeing half a workshop build WIP then waiting several weeks to see the rest of it :D
As well as the CMS I've ordered several other goodies :tool: , namely CT150 planer, CT330 thicknesser (with ADE 1200 extractor) and AWESBS bandsaw. Oh and one of those JET AFS 1000 air filters to help protect my lungs (ironic considering my 20 a day habit [-X ). Full marks to the boys at Ray Grahams, Newtownards; 1st class service as always :D

Nobody got one? I tried 'estimating' the size of the base from the photo on the Jet website (using the dia of the blade as a reference) but the angle of the photo makes this nigh impossible :oops:

Well, if this is the saw you've bought then, they give you the length (460mm) and the width is quoted as 480mm plus the extensions.

I do think you'd be better off waiting until the saw arrives. I built a station for my Bosch 12" SCMS earlier this year and, even with the saw there to take measurements from, I was still able to make it too snug - I can swing the saw round past 45º but it won't go all the way to 60º! :roll: :oops: :)

Are you going to be happy with this saw or do you plan to upgrade to a larger, sliding model at some point in the future? This could affect the dimensions you allow for your station, just in case you do plan to upgrade. Any gaps either side of the saw can easily be filled with the slide-out extensions.

When exactly did you order the planer and thicknesser? I had an e-mail from Axminster last night which said they are now giving away a free set of spare blades with both machines - you never know, you might be entitled to them as well!! :wink:

OPJ is quite right you will have to wait just a little bit longer until your saw turns up. Then you can then go for it. Looks like from the tools you have bought are into something good, project wise. Looks like we'll get some photo's!!!! No. Look forward to the progress.

Cheers guys, OPJ thats the one. I wanted a non-sliding CMS, only use it for mouldings etc.. nothing too wide and at the budget I had allocated for a CMS I would not have got a decent SCMS i.e. one with a stable enough sliding mechanism, if you get my drift. I'm basing my workshop refit on a design for a single garage small workshop that somebody posted a link to on the forum, I saved it as a PDF but for some reason Acrobat has stopped working on my PC :? The CMS satation is basically three 500mm wide kitchen base units with the centre unit dropped the depth of the saw base so that the 2 side units act as supports, if you know what I mean. The height of the 2 side units is the same as my TS outfeed to provide additional support. The idea is that all the outfeed tables, workbench etc.. are at the same height so everything acts as an infeed/oufeed support for everything else :D
I ordered the machines Friday last, so I'll maybe chase up that extra set of blades offer, thanks for the heads up
I'm really happy with the design of the workshop, it's coming together really well. I've a load of 6mm MDF and insulation coming on Tuesday for the ceiling, once thats done and painted and a little bit of electrics all that needs doing are getting the machines in and set up. All will become clear in the WIP pics :D

Back