I've only gone and done it...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
So.. despite the fact that I am only starting out in this hobby, buying a few bits and bobs of machines and tools here and there, trying to make myself a nice little workshop...
I just sold most of my old Triton gear (except the router), theoretically to offset the cost of the Kity 419 I just bought and am doing up, and the PT I just agreed to buy from Chems
But... I kept reading about these green and black things... and the more I read, the more I started to think I wanted one... and then the more I read, the more I started to think I NEEDED one... and I had this £450 sitting in my Paypal account from the Triton stuff...
So... I just bought a Domino!!
It's brand new and boxed (with systainer). Just the Plus system, not the Set. I presume from the fact it mentions in the small print it comes with a Euro plug I may be on shaky ground Festool warranty wise, but it comes with a 3 month money back warranty from a place with good feedback (not the guy in Ireland), and with Festool's reputation, I feel pretty confident that if it works of the bat, it'll keep going forever with the hobby use I'll be giving it.
At £450 I figured it was certainly worth a punt...

Si.

I wouldn't worry about the Warrenty. I bought mine in states and was able to register it with full warrenty.

Their site states

'Warranty / Returns
Unless otherwise stated all of our items carry a 90 day no quibble warranty to protect you the customer. New items will carry a manufacturers warranty which may need to be registered with them upon receipt of your purchase.'

things could prove interesting in the event of any claim made between 91 and 365 days. However unless Festool state in their warranty (and I've not fully read it) something about authorised sellers and yours not being one you should be ok and have full cover.

You wont regret buying it, I have used mine on every job since I got it. Its saved me hours of time and is just a fantastic tool.

I am expecting delivery of a nice new TS55 tomorrow. :D

Welcome to the slipperiest of slopes! :lol:

By the way it's not green and black it's Green and Blue :lol: gotta get that right or else you won't get the respect you deserve for owning the kit! :mrgreen:

The Kity 419 is a great little saw table, it's what I started out with and even went with me to Greece for 3 yrs with the 619/3 planer/thicknesser.
Only thing to watch for is running them for too long at one stretch, they will cut out to cool down, though that may have been due to the summer heat out there.
Rob.

I just complained to the seller that the systainer had a few marks and scratches on it, and got another £35 off.

Result.

Si.

So.. despite the fact that I am only starting out in this hobby
So... I just bought a Domino!!

HaHa nice to see there are people out there who keep the economy ticking over
:) :) :)

Me getting one eventually was inevitable. I had been looking at biscuit jointers and morticers and tenon jigs and mortice jigs, and in the end, just thought b*gger it.

Si.

Back