I've just cleaned....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
...this sliding door into the conservatory.
Oh yes, I have.
Warm water first, with a brand new microfibre cloth, followed by some Elbow Grease Glass Cleaner. Y'know, the "only cleaner you'll ever need..."
Sprayed on, and wiped off with yet another brand new cloth. "Buffed" with paper towel.

Then the sun hit it....

IMG_20240122_093952341.jpg

I was standing there, admiring my handiwork and thinking ***** ****** *** ********* ******* ****** ****** as you do, when I noticed the other imprint on the outside window.
Boy, I bet that hurt.

Poor thing, I think it’s a waterproof wax on the feathers that leaves that ghostly impression. Yes it must have hurt as the ones I’ve seen before the underside of the wings is outlined on the glass, showing that the bird was pulling up/braking.I presume you looked to see if it was on the ground?
Might have to invest in some of those stickers they put on doors to stop people walking through them, — in bird speak of course.

Poor thing, I think it’s a waterproof wax on the feathers that leaves that ghostly impression. Yes it must have hurt as the ones I’ve seen before the underside of the wings is outlined on the glass, showing that the bird was pulling up/braking.I presume you looked to see if it was on the ground?
Might have to invest in some of those stickers they put on doors to stop people walking through them, — in bird speak of course.

Yep, nothing found thankfully. Must've shook itself, thought "what a stupid place to put a window", and offski. Not always the case, as you say. Found a ringed nuthatch last year, and managed to find out some details - poor thing was only a mile from where it was logged.
Most of our windows have got the "suncatcher" type things on, but not this particular pane unfortunately.

I guess you could 'Tweet' it!

We have these on all our windows Amazon link it has cut down the number of colisions dramatically. When the sun was in the wrong place we were getting 2-3 a week.

Latest posts

Back