It's taken a long time to build this, because I'm lazy.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got round to making a sled for the table saw. she isn't big but fit well with the small Axminster saw. The saw doesn't have a lot of space forward of the blade. Used an old Howdens Kitchen door as the base, T-track off of eBay and a couple cheap ass stops from Temu (surprisingly good quality for the ridicules price)

sled.jpg

As above, very nice and so much better than Jacobs childish effort.
🤣
That's the problem with doing things the simple way - people just don't believe that some things can be that simple!
In fact I've got a theory that the gadget salesmen set out to make things look difficult so that they can sell you a solution - something fussy and expensive with knobs on, ideally brass.
Lets face you couldn't sell a saw sled just made with 3 pieces of wood and 4 screws!
PS no crown guard?

Last edited:
Another Harry Enfield "You don't want to do it like that you want to do it like this", I think you need to change your avatar to "Only Me"

Another Harry Enfield "You don't want to do it like that you want to do it like this", I think you need to change your avatar to "Only Me"
What is wrong with making alternative suggestions? It's hardly revolutionary and this is a recommended practice with some sliding tables.
I realise some people get a bit nervous when things taken for granted are challenged, but don't worry you can take no notice and carry on just as you are!
PS @Britman 's sled has no crown guard?

Last edited:
Very nice!

Have you done the silly* 5 cut test method to get it to within 1/8th of one thou? :LOL:

*I only say it's silly because that kind of accuracy will be lost over night if the sled is made from wood, but the folks on youtube like to brag about it anyway.

Very nice!

Have you done the silly* 5 cut test method to get it to within 1/8th of one thou? :LOL:
No I haven't, but getting a fence dead square is not easy - many a slip betwixt gluing and screwing. Maybe set it in a rebate set up and checked first?

Last edited:
What is wrong with making alternative suggestions? It's hardly revolutionary and this is a recommended practice with some sliding tables.
I realise some people get a bit nervous when things taken for granted are challenged, but don't worry you can take no notice and carry on just as you are!
PS @Britman 's sled has no crown guard?

When someone has already made something, to post "You don't want to do it like that" as an alternative is suggesting they did it wrong which is insulting and very unhelpful.

When someone has already made something, to post "You don't want to do it like that"
Ive never said "You don't want to do it like that"
as an alternative is suggesting they did it wrong
No it isn't its just general conversation about how to do things. Important to exchange ideas especially about safety issues
which is insulting and very unhelpful.
Only for the over sensitive!
I guess you were offended by my dismissive remarks over your saw guard. Obviously beautifully made but comparing it with a riving knife attached guard is legitimate comment.
Best not to post anything if easily offended. i get s*at on, on a daily basis. Water off a ducks back! 🤣

Last edited:
Only for the over sensitive!
I guess you were offended by my dismissive remarks over your saw guard. Obviously beautifully made but comparing it with a riving knife attached guard is legitimate comment. Best not to post anything if easily offended.
So you agree you where dismissive, definition: having or showing a disdainful attitude toward someone or something regarded as unworthy of serious attention, therefor rude, as my Mother used to say, "If you can't say anything nice, say nothing"

Very nice!

*I only say it's silly because that kind of accuracy will be lost over night if the sled is made from wood, but the folks on youtube like to brag about it anyway.
I have not, made a cut, checked with my engineering square, found it was (lucky) so left it. As it's only for small parts I'm not that fused if its out a 1/1000th over 6 feet or whatever the 5 cut thingy says. :D

🤣
That's the problem with doing things the simple way - people just don't believe that some things can be that simple!
In fact I've got a theory that the gadget salesmen set out to make things look difficult so that they can sell you a solution - something fussy and expensive with knobs on, ideally brass.
Lets face you couldn't sell a saw sled just made with 3 pieces of wood and 4 screws!
PS no crown guard?
I have made one that swings out the way on an arm when using the sled. Swings back over when in 'normal' mode.

Finally got round to making a sled for the table saw. she isn't big but fit well with the small Axminster saw. The saw doesn't have a lot of space forward of the blade. Used an old Howdens Kitchen door as the base, T-track off of eBay and a couple cheap ass stops from Temu (surprisingly good quality for the ridicules price)

View attachment 163395

Very nice. I too have a little axminster saw and need to get round to making something like that as the stupid track size means any of the off the shelf mitre jigs won't fit. Do you have a link to the track and stops you bought? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back