Italian Wine anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
351 pieces, 5-ply poplar, ~12 x 14", cut with narrow kerf FD 2/0 puzzle blades in about six hours....finished it this morning ........... A toast to the holidays!.........Carter

213430952.jpg

I've flipped the back horizontally

213430961.jpg

Carter,

Another of your master pieces. :D
I don't think I would be taking it apart once I had completed it, 6 hours sounds about right for me to put it together, don't want to think about cutting it. :shock:

Carter, thats amazing! :shock: :D :D

I bet you didn'y cut it out with a coping saw though :wink:

How in the world do you go about figuring wher to cut? Is it at random or do you have a set pattern for a jigas of this size?

Thanks for posting the pictures

Lee.

Lee, it's cut freehand and the pieces are random....except they follow the color lines within the picture. If you look carefully, you'll see that I follow those lines fairly strickly. Note all of the shields on the labels and the "Italia" banner on the label at lower left, plus the borders and all the other color features. It's a truly fun way to cut puzzles and it makes it a real joy for the people who put them together.

Every picture (often taken from calendars) is different and presents a unique challenge. I only use pictures that have distinct images within them. You'll never find "polar bear in a snowstorm" among my puzzles.

Give it a try........Carter

Back