iso files?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help, I was sent and iso file by a PhD student doing some work for me and he then left for 2 weeks skiing . Now the problem is I believe this is a CD/DVD image , but I've no clue how to convert it back to it's original format so I can get to the data.

Anyone recommend any free software that can do that for me?

Cheers

If you have a cd writer any burning software will be able to write an iso back to a CD.

If you don't have a CD writer drive then you can use software to make a 'virtual drive' on your computer (appears in explorer as a DVD drive) then you 'mount' the iso file with the software....and your new drive has a cd loaded in it ready to use just the same as a real CD.

Try a google for > DAEMON Tools < but there are plenty of others. I use a program called alcohol 120%

Robert's beaten me to it in terms of explaining the two options, but whenever I've had a need to look at the contents of an .iso file in Windows without burning it, I've used a free, but unsupported, utility by Microsoft, which is available here (.exe file). The interface is a bit basic but it's always done the trick for me. This program is of the "virtual drive" variety whereby you can access the .iso file through a drive letter in My Computer like any other drive, once you've set it up.

Cheers

Neil

In Nero choose new> CD(iso) then 'recorder' top menu item and select 'burn image' . Don't just drag the iso file onto the CD layout or you will just burn a copy of the iso file not make the CD it contains :)

tigerturnings":2sguby3u said:
Robert's beaten me to it in terms of explaining the two options, but whenever I've had a need to look at the contents of an .iso file in Windows without burning it, I've used a free, but unsupported, utility by Microsoft, which is available here (.exe file). The interface is a bit basic but it's always done the trick for me. This program is of the "virtual drive" variety whereby you can access the .iso file through a drive letter in My Computer like any other drive, once you've set it up.

Cheers

Neil

you can also view contents with Winrar :wink:

Latest posts

Back