Is this expensive?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously it’s always cheaper if you buy whole sheets, as you say it’s not cheap but it’s not a total ripoff either. If you need and want it and don’t need a full sheet then go for it. It depends what you want it for, it’s less than 4mm thick so it will be bendy.
Ian

Wickes usually offer a cutting service free. Consider a full sheet cut to your needs with the offcuts for stock to get better vfm.

What is your intended application as you have not said, at just 3.6 mm thick it is definately not for anything substantial and is not cheap.

Have you tried other timber yards who must deliver in the area, what about people like https://batestimber.co.uk/ in Coventry which is not far from you who list both Birch and hardwood ply and a cutting service.

Wickes usually offer a cutting service free. Consider a full sheet cut to your needs with the offcuts for stock to get better vfm.
Wickes does not offer a cutting service, at least not in London but Selco does, selco's car park is always nearly full, and Wickes's nearly empty

B&Q offer first 15 cuts for free if you have a TradePoint card (first 5 free without)

Quick shufty around - I decided convenience is worth a few quid! It needs to thin so I can bend it, and I want the nice finish, and that sheet is only slightly bigger than I need. It's for the plinth/box/cable cover thing mentioned in another post, that has to fit where a curved hearth used to be. So now I just need to decide what to make the top of it out of...

So my memory is correct, Wicked /did/ used to offer a cutting service! Gone for 20 years now I think, at least here. I remember the big machine they had.

Back