Is this a record? Hmm, Finally finished, well sort of

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Spent four hours in the worshop today and managed to get ten wardrobe doors in dry fit! Not bad going for me I thought. :D
Doordryfit.jpg

I can't fit the panels yet as they are on order. :roll:

Hello there,

Well I'll say well done to you! So fair play!

With me, my four hours in the work shop would have been made up of 3.5 hours looking for the bits and pieces I need and then 15 mins wood work and then the compulsory tea breaks!! :D

Well back in the shop again today and managed to get most of the sides cut and ready for assembly.
DSCN1977.jpg

I even managed to try a dry fit on the centre wardrobe section.
DSCN1978.jpg
:D

Well I got to work in the shop again today and got the panels cut for the doors. Problems came while trying to lift the 8 x 4 panel onto the table on my own I managed to scratch it! Luckily I had enough spare to get around this but it cost me some spare.
DSCN1979.jpg

I finally got the doors with the panels in a dry fit. It looks like the rails are adifferent colour to the stiles but it is just a trick of the camera, strange?
DSCN1980.jpg

I also found that a few of the tennons were undersize on the small top doors so had to cut some thin veneer to make up the difference, bah! I thought it was going too well. Oh well tomorrow is a new day. :roll:

Got another eight hours in the shop today and managed to get the two wardrobe frames in a dry fit.
DSCN1982.jpg

I then went on to glue the centre shelf unit together.
DSCN1983.jpg

You will notice the frame wasn't quite square so I had to use a clamp to square it up a bit until the glue dries. :oops:

About you doorframes

I saw some american fellows, who made a double router table set up,

so two routers in a table (very cheapisch set-up) but what it did is make the process of routing door frames so easy, so in one set up you had the full rail and style set, one set up it makes is so easy

With the shelf unit out of the clamps I got it off the bench and onto the floor.
DSCN1986.jpg

I also managed to get one door glued up and out of the clamps by the end of the day.
DSCN1984.jpg

And finally got another couple of doors in glue up.
DSCN1985.jpg

Not bad going today considering I had a lot of interruptions. :roll:

Spent some more time in thw shop today and got the two robes together in a dry fit.
DSCN1991.jpg

I did a little trimming of the doors and routed a half round moulding on the edges. Marked out the positions of the hinges ready for fitting. Now I am going to make a start on the shelves for the centre unit.

Almost ready to go now. Just doing some work on the cornice and the ply back panels to cut to size and I shall be fitting them next week.
DSCN1995.jpg

It will be nice not to be falling over them all the time in the shop. :D

Finally got the wardrobes fitted today. Everything went well until I tried to fit the cornice and found it was just a little bit too high! I didn't have any equipment for trimming it down so will have to return next week to fit it.
Still the customer was over the moon with it and didn't mind the wait for the cornice.
DSCN1998.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

Well it was an improvement after yesterdays job. :lol:

Nice work mailee,do you cut your tenons just the same size as the panel grooves,do you cut a groove for the back panels of the wardrobes .

Yes Phil, I cut the groove for the panels to be the same size as the panel thickness, a little trick I learned from Brad to speed things up. I rebate the back edge of the boards to take the ply backs.

Back