Is this a fair price for oak boards?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mal-110, there is a place in Wigan called Ramsey timber, I visited it 4 weeks ago but when I asked to take a look at their stuff they told me that I couldn't due to health and safety reasons. I also tried to email sales for a price list but I think they just discarded the email as it was from a guy who was looking for just £200's worth of stuff.
I'll check out the places you mentioned, thanks.

Mal-110, there is a place in Wigan called Ramsey timber, I visited it 4 weeks ago but when I asked to take a look at their stuff they told me that I couldn't due to health and safety reasons. I also tried to email sales for a price list but I think they just discarded the email as it was from a guy who was looking for just £200's worth of stuff.
I'll check out the places you mentioned, thanks.
You can have a look at timber in Bleasdales. Its a small operation and he cannot dimension anything for you but there is a joinery shop opposite and he can, for a small price. Hoghton timber has some great pieces but they are on two sites and the organisation is woeful, at least for small purchases. George the owner sometimes goes to the Mill on a Saturday when you can have a look at his stock. All the milling goes on at another site near to junction 3 of the M65. CW Berrys, are a large general builders merchant as I am sure you know but they have some fine pieces of hardwood right at the back of the skirting and architrave shed. Ramseys I have heard of bought some wood years ago seemed OK at the time. Surprisingly we both have one of the largest hardwood timber importers on our doorstep in Huyton Liverpool. "Hardwood Sales". They don't sell retail unfortunately, I once contacted them on a search for Western Red Cedar they couldn't sell to me but they were able to put me in touch with a retail company who they knew had stock.

Back