Arched capping boards for fence or gate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy78

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I you can get those curved capping boards you can put on top of a arched fence or arched gate?

Couldn't find any at local timber yards or DIY stores. I can only find them online for example (2.1m Bendy Caps – BG Fencing) but the shipping fees are ridiculous for what I need.

Would ripping down some timber to a 10mm thickness work - not sure if it would bend enough or break.

Does anyone know where I you can get those curved capping boards you can put on top of a arched fence or arched gate?

Couldn't find any at local timber yards or DIY stores. I can only find them online for example (2.1m Bendy Caps – BG Fencing) but the shipping fees are ridiculous for what I need.

Would ripping down some timber to a 10mm thickness work - not sure if it would bend enough or break.
I'd give it a go with ripping some treated batten timber - and get it REALLY WET before you try and bend it to fit (and use screws to hold each end down!) - you could also make shallow cross-cuts in the underside to assist flexibility.

I think that would depend on how tight the bend needs to be, when i worked in a timber yard we used to mill our own Apex capping for fences etc,it was in straight lengths up to 4.8M long.One of our customers who made fancy curved topped gates used to steam bend the capping to suit his needs ,is it possible you could do this ? or as robgul suggests try soaking it for a couple of days and then try bending to shape.

Half an hour with boiling water through a tea towel on the kitchen table should do it!

Whilst she's out obvs!

Latest posts

Back