Is a felder worth it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel

Reaction score
Hi all, I just bought a used Felder CF 741. Is there anyone here that has experience from this machine? Pros and cons?
Im also wondering what a reasonable price for a lightly used cf741 should be? I paid 5400 but haven't actually got the machine yet so im somewhat nervous..

all depend of the conditions: the CF 741 brand new cost £9500 but the worst thing to buy new is the delivery cause could takes weeks or months :shock: . for people with limited space you can't find anybetter. those a well made machines ages better that JET, Record, Etc Good luck with that beauty

Hej gubbjaevel :lol: (apologies if you are under 40...)

5400 in which currency - if it's Swedish krowns,you got a bargain :wink:

Andrew (43,definitely gubbjaevel..)

p.s. - welcome to to the forum :D

Hi andy,
well thats the machine. Only problem now is to figure out how to easily transport it back home to sweden! The listprice for this machine (with the exras) is aprox 13'000 Bpd so hopefully it was a decent deal. Regarding the dust extractor the listprice is 850 Bpd in Sweden so for me it was reasonable. I also bought a Startrite 440R from the same seller.
andycorleone":o68zro7f said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290216436988

looks good to me :wink: I just thinking in the paypal comision :shock:

BTW the dust extractor for £454.00 is not a bargain beacuse new cost £515

Daniel,

I think you got a bargain. So enjoy.

I have a CF741 I bought new. It has been everything the brochures saud it would be and then some. It is accurate to a few thou, it will repeat that after you have disturbed the settings.

You mentioned that it would be good in a small space. I'm sorry to disillusion you but that is not true. If you look in the brochure you will see that you need a quite a large space to move around the machine to use its full capacity. Think of a 4mx5m rectangle as a minimum depending upon which outrigger you have this could go up to 5x5m. I use mine in the middle of a workshop some 25ft x 16ft so about double garage size.

Other than that, Oh and the need to set up accurately when you get to your final site. You will find that your local Felder dealer will do this for you in about 2 hrs or so.

regatrds
Alan

For the money you've done very well, Felder make the best combi's, period.

Seconhand Felders are hard to come by and fetch good money, since your machine was built Felder have had 4 price increases of 4%, so 16% added to s/hand values well.

Unless your equipt to do it yourself, you'll need it setting up after it has been transported and as Beech mentions it's worth paying Felder to do the work. (I hope Felder Sweden are better than the UK at customer service).

I don't know if you already know this but you can split the planer from the saw/spindle unit and run it as a completely seperate machine, you can buy the wiring loom from Felder.

You did the right thing buying the AF22 as you'll need that suction power for the spindle moulder on it's own as it extracts below and above the table.

I had a Felder combi and it's was a joy to use.

Hope this helps

Enjoy

I have had a 741 S professional for a year now and couldnt recommend it highly enough. Use it in a single garage, but had to buy a shorter arm for the outrigger for the width, also have same extractor and thats also very good.

Hi all, thanks for all your encouraging responses! First of all space is not a problem here. I recently bought an old countryside school to use as a weekend hideaway. It has a large classroom wich my wife has accepted that i convert to a workshop. ( no worries she still has 220 sqm to decorate)

The room is aprox. 9,5 x 7,5 m with windows in three directions. With great interest I have studied the different workshops that has been published in the forum and hopefully I will be able to post my efforts here the coming months.

Felders reputation regarding postsale-service do make me worried. I have heard several stories about their poor support. Yesterday I booked a complete check/maintenance/setting up via the local Felder store and the price will be roughly 500 Bpd javascript:emoticon(':shock:') but I cant afford not doing it...

/Daniel

Good luck with your newish machine, I'm sure you'll get some damn good use out of it.

Any chance this spring / summer that I can pop by on the way or return to Oslo. As I have to delivey some furniture to a client there :)

HS in a wet OF

houtslager":3koj5of2 said:
Good luck with your newish machine, I'm sure you'll get some damn good use out of it.

Any chance this spring / summer that I can pop by on the way or return to Oslo. As I have to delivey some furniture to a client there :)

HS in a wet OF

Houtslager: No problem, if Im there the door is open, a warning though; the whole place is a building site. But it is situated at the coastline in a very scenic place, very nice for relaxing.

/Daniel

Daniel":3ryosf95 said:
Houtslager: No problem, if Im there the door is open, But it is situated at the coastline in a very scenic place, very nice for relaxing.

/Daniel
Daniel, you shouldn't have mentioned that, we will all be coming round to see you :D :D But I'll set the Felder up for you ...... 8)

ProShop: If you got the qualifications I warmly welcome you :wink:
The Felder people will charge me some 350-450£ plus vat....

Daniel":2du7qlfi said:
ProShop: If you got the qualifications I warmly welcome you :wink:
The Felder people will charge me some 350-450£ plus vat....

I have all the qualifications & all the setting equipment etc, but sadly not the time at the moment. :)

Back