Irwin quick grips

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster sell 3 types of the Iwin Quick Grip F Gramps.
Black, Yellow and XP. I bought some of the black ones around 8 years when they were produced by 'Vise Grip' (I think thats correct :? )

I plan on getting some more 300mm ones but don't know whether to get the yellow type or the new XP type. Is there any major differences?
Thanks

The XP type have much more clamping pressure. 250kg, the older ones I think are rated at 100kg. I've just got some of the XP's and they are very good, although a bit heavier than the old type. Unless you really need the extra force I would get the 'ordinary' ones. Just because they are a bit easier to handle.

Lee.

Hi Scooby

I think you can get them from Machine Mart if you have one near by

Regards

Andy

I posted a thread for advice on clamps recently and on suggestion got Wolfcraft clamps, and so far they've been great.

Got mine from machine mart

I don't know if anyone is interested but I just bought a pair of similar clamps from Wilko's at 12" reversible in black with orange soft tips for £3 each! They seem pretty sturdy and have clamped a few jobs for me already. I am thinking of buying some more as I am well impressed! :D

syntec4":3h8nsbbu said:
The XP type have much more clamping pressure. 250kg, the older ones I think are rated at 100kg. I've just got some of the XP's and they are very good, although a bit heavier than the old type. Unless you really need the extra force I would get the 'ordinary' ones. Just because they are a bit easier to handle.

Lee.

Cheers mate :) I went to B&Q earlier and had a look at the XP's, they're huge! :shock: Much, much larger than the quick grip cramp I bought in the early 90's. Ended up getting an Irwin F cramp (speed cramp, I think) as I don't have any of this type. Think I'll invest in some of the Wolfcraft ones from screwfix or maybe B&Q's version of the quick cramp (which looked ok)

Thanks to everyone.

i have had some large wolfcraft for at least 5 years with no trouble. the very cheap clamps (boot sale etc) are rubbish and dont last. are forge steel (screwfix) any good?

I bought a couple of the Forge Steel clamps - they are not up to much. IMHO Wolfcraft are the best and well worth the money.

Cheers
Brad

Back