Introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisnw

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I just wanted to say a quick hello having been lurking for a few weeks now. You have provided a great deal of information and helped with my selection and first steps with my lathe. Looking forward to reading more and as I progress I'm sure i'll start to contriute a little it more.

Just felt a it guilty sponging all the information without an iintroduction.
Thanks

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris, can you add an approx. location in your profile so that we know where to point you to if you have any queries.

Thanks for the welcoming replies. Location now added.

I bought a second hand Axminster M950 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now trying to practice as much as I can - particularly with sharpening! I've buile a home made jig for helping with the roughing gouge. Just need to do the same for spindle and bowl gouge.

Regards

Chris

Hi and welcome

I work in the town and live in one of the satellite villages so if you get stuck with anything I may well be able to assist.

We have an excellent resource on Chilbolton Down, where John Davis Woodturning, is based. If you haven't found him yet he is well worth a visit. Good stock of timber blanks and tools. He is very knowledgable and helpful.

Cheers

Colin

Welcome to the forum.

I'm quite new here to, and find myself dreaming of being as good as some of the guys (and gals!) on here. However, everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and help in anyway they can, that in no time you'll feel comfortable enough to post pics, ask questions and share your first victorys that have come off of the lathe

Enjoy x

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

As you no doubt realise you have an excellent lathe - I had the smaller M900 and really enjoyed using it.

Best regards

Simon

Hi Chris, I `m new as well, and I did the same as you. Got loads of tips before joining, but its a great forum and very helpful. Have fun.

Doug

Back