Introduction - Florian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florian

Reaction score
Hi everybody !

I opened this topic to introduce myself :

First of all be nice with my english cause I'm french :)
I'm actually studying classical guitar making in Newark (UK) since september 2006.
Before that I've been a cabinet maker/joiner during 4 years.
I love woodworking and i'm doing my best at the moment to become a guitar maker in a few years and open my own workshop.
I discovered you're lovely forum as I was looking for informations about Veritas planes... and I'm happy to see that you like good tools.

Welcome to the forum Florian, there are one or two members with interest in Instrument manufacture, I'm sure they will be along shortly.

Hello Florian, welcome to the forum.

My brother in law and I are currently making two Les Pauls. It is my first attempt and I am thoroughly enjoying it. You can see our progress here.

Would it be possible to see some of your work?

Your English is excelent by the way. :wink:

That's my first guitar I did before the course, a steel string guitar :

Red cedar top, SIPO back and sides, wallnut neck and Brazilian Rosewood headveneer

A few pics of my first classical I'm french polishing it at the moment :

Spruce top, indian rosewood back and sides and cedro neck

An the flamenco guitar I'm doing now :

Flamenca with an engelmann spruce top, spanish cyprès back and sides and cedro neck

Florian":gs7ojko5 said:
That's my first guitar I did before the course, a steel string guitar :

Red cedar top, SIPO back and sides, wallnut neck and Brazilian Rosewood headveneer

A few pics of my first classical I'm french polishing it at the moment :

Spruce top, indian rosewood back and sides and cedro neck

An the flamenco guitar I'm doing now :

Flamenca with an engelmann spruce top, spanish cyprès back and sides and cedro neck

Ok you got caught by the anti-spam software as a new poster it will go away shortly.

Quality job there Florian.

Spaminator(tm) strikes again - though I've still yet to see it strike some actual spam. The guitars look glorious, I'd love to have the skill to build some one day. While I don't have the skill, I do have a Veritas Low Angle block plane and, apart from its propensity to rust on touch, have only good things to say about it. With a few extras it doubles up as a bevel up smoother and it rocks on the shuteing board (actually it doesn't rock, which is why it's so good).

3DS101.gif
Florian.

Latest posts

Back