Hello from Dursley

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reffc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm Paul, a loudspeaker designer and manufacturer from Dursley in Gloucestershire, where I have a humble workshop where I hand craft loudspeaker enclosures of my own design from small stand mounts to giant corner speakers in hand veneered and finished Birch Ply and hardwoods. It's a relatively small business but I am fairly well know in hifi circles and have exhibited my speakers at the National Audio show in the past. I make do with a relatively humble home workshop where I produce everything in a tightish space but it's amazing what you can achieve in smaller spaces being tidy and organised!

Hoping to learn more from members here on the art of timber craft. I did do some work under the tutelage of experienced cabinet makers when I left my 25 year chartered engineering career to pursue my love of working with timber and hifi to combine the two. Despite being in business almost 12 years, I don't consider myself a cabinet maker yet and learned from a chap who was a master craftsman (guild of master craftsmen, Glos) of 20 plus years who said he wasn't considered a cabinet maker "yet" by a lot of the older hands :LOL:, so I was"in good company".

I love working with timber but also design and build my partnering electronics which drive the speakers as well as restore classic speakers, and am specifically known for my work on the restoration of Vinatge Tannnoys, Impusle and JBL loudspeakers.

Looking forward to learning more (you're never too old) and picking up some more tips as well as learning a little more on various tooling and machinery. I currently operate with a decent cast iron tablesaw, router table and have a collection of the usual tooling but also make my own jigs and things. I've attached an example of one of my larger speaker designs.

Attachments

• Malmes1.jpg
    Malmes1.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 0
Back