Introducing myself and radial arm saw advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bosshogg":23kkb26v said:
Hi Guys,

Well thanks to my transatlantic guru...Mike...and others who have given me encouragement, I have resolved the problem I've experienced with the stiff motor tilting on the Dw1201 RAS. It now tilts without to much bother and is tight enough to avoid slackness in the motor, more importantly the saw blade witch must be rigid and true to function safely & properly...once again thank's guys I couldn't have done it without you. Perhaps I should post a chronological sequence of how the assembly should go, as there doesn't appear to be an instruction manual available for this model? what do ya think guys...bosshogg

Bosshogg, I'm glad you were able to work it out. Sometimes only a careful, systematic approach can find an issue. I'm a maintenance programmer in my day job, and the subtle problems often require the most tedious debugging to find and fix.

Oh, and now it's your turn to help the next guy.:)

Kirk

Kirk...with pleasure...I'm a Patternmaker, for my sins, incapacitated these days but still feisty and thran. An engineer and wood-rat that's got to be useful to somebody...doh!

bosshogg
...you can't fix anything using the same thinking that broke it...

Back