internet or local

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
i want some new toys

i go to axminster normally...not sure they always the best deal but i have someone to moan at for the sake of saving a few pounds
4 items i want ...all out of stock

do u wait or say pineapple and buy elsewhere?

Steve

Go by you're gut feeling, at least Axminster try and make ammends, There's always the buy in haste concern,
You're call.
Rodders

i have an urge to use a store rather than internet..just my thing
but when u want new toys it is life threatening to wait

there is no haste as i have spent hours looking at options
i need ,i want ,NOW

i have to agree that axi service is great
but supply is pineapple

Steve

Looking on the positive side, They must be selling quite a few to run out of stock which must be good news.
So hopefully meaning they are good machines and spares will be easy to find.
Regards Rodders

I try to buy locally where possible. I.e within a 30 mile radius. But make exceptions for timber suppliers frequenting Snainton and John Boddy. I too have found Axminster to be short of stock and find it particularly annoying when this occurs with products they are sole distributors for.

Depends what you're after. I am trade and buy stacks of stuff off the internet (blades, drill bits usually power tools as they're always cheaper). Saves me the trouble of going for it and usually saves me money.

EDIT: I can't remember the last time I bought a tool from a store other than when in desperate need for a job.....other than a little chop saw recently which was from B&Q on offer, this however was after researching on the net for the best deal.

the same as graham i use ffx for tools s-fix and tool station for bits next day delivery
great had no problems no time away from job

Back