Interesting Speaker Build (not mine)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe I like it, I think it's inventive and creative. I just hope he doesn't pipper up the finish

I love the way he uses the drill press :D

I've never seen anyone clamp the work piece below the table before :shock:

It's creative and if he finishes it correct it'll likely look quite nice.
I suspect it would look well out of place in most people's houses.

Must admit I quite fancy making a subwoofer into a table for in our lounge - not sure how it'd go down with swmbo though.

jlawrence":1bwp0kph said:
It's creative and if he finishes it correct it'll likely look quite nice.
I suspect it would look well out of place in most people's houses.

Must admit I quite fancy making a subwoofer into a table for in our lounge - not sure how it'd go down with swmbo though.

If you position the table in the middle of the room then your speaker would technically be in a poor position for bass.

Interesting, Tom will you put up a reminder when it's finished as I'd like to see how it turns out. Agree that how he finishes it will either make it stunning or rubbish

will do, he's updating it about once a fortnight, so don't hold your breath.

out of wood? Nope but that would be cool! :lol:

matt":2jtafy9k said:
If you position the table in the middle of the room then your speaker would technically be in a poor position for bass.

Not to mention that you'd need to drill a hole in the floor to bring the cable up.
Actually subs can work fine in the middle of a room. You (or at least I) really can't tell where deep base is coming from (<60Hz).

added:
Tables in the middle of the room really don't work when I've a 6yr old and a 4 yr old. The table would likely need to go next to one of the arm chairs.

Back