Interesting films about Russia, essential viewing!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't never found that kind of time to read something that I can't have an effect on , There seems to be no political ideology in the world that looks after all its people only ones i can think of are tribes deep in the rain forest who have never heard of us then again they have hereditary chiefs who are reveared , so no cant think of a perfect or near perfect ideology

No I haven't never found that kind of time to read something that I can't have an effect on , There seems to be no political ideology in the world that looks after all its people only ones i can think of are tribes deep in the rain forest who have never heard of us then again they have hereditary chiefs who are reveared , so no cant think of a perfect or near perfect ideology
Who needs ideologies and why?

As Phil said you are a politician , Yes we do need a better system for Housing ,NHS , etc but quoting articles written by others dos not get things done I try to help in my adopted town but I don't think nationally I can make a big difference I don't know you Jacob but I respect your beliefs but most times you post you are quoting others beliefs and that's all . Come on be a cuddly Jacob we can all love

An ideology is a set of beliefs, especially the political beliefs on which people, parties, or countries base their actions.

Without a set of beliefs to guide our actions we are simply wandering aimlessly - the outcome may be good bad or indifferent.

Were there a clearly articulated shared set of beliefs, all actions would (or should) deliver desirable outcomes.

That there are a diversity of beliefs means that for societies to function a compromise which most can accept is needed. That more extreme opinions are unable to accept compromise simply means that in the interests of society as a whole their views must be ignored or marginalised.

Tough - but that's the way it is.

I'm sorry Jacob but I think I have sussed your tactics , Someone posts a thread with a slight political flavour you answer with a opposed view to which the poster responds defensively and the games afoot and then it becomes a platform for your beliefs . I think I have better things to do so I will let you win this post and take my wife shopping Best of luck in your next tactical endeavour (y)

I'm sorry Jacob but I think I have sussed your tactics , Someone posts a thread with a slight political flavour you answer with a opposed view to which the poster responds defensively and the games afoot and then it becomes a platform for your beliefs . I think I have better things to do so I will let you win this post and take my wife shopping Best of luck in your next tactical endeavour (y)
Likewise, I can't be bothered with the soap box antics so now just ignore any thread he becomes involved in.

Good point! She just happened to be an egregious manifestation of a free-market fundamentalist ideology, which she didn't invent - that was Hayek and other so-called intellectuals. She survived longer than Truss because she wasn't quite that stupid.
Good old Maggie was a force to be reckoned with. A religious person with an aim to make the country great. She did, in a way, too. She was one of the first to realise that to gain votes she had to get more people owning their homes and less 'social' housing. Make more people want to keep their assets and build on them. There weren't many at home, of abroad, who could take her on. In the end, it took a concerted effort by her own party to get her out.

Good old Maggie was a force to be reckoned with. A religious person with an aim to make the country great. She did, in a way, too. She was one of the first to realise that to gain votes she had to get more people owning their homes and less 'social' housing. Make more people want to keep their assets and build on them. There weren't many at home, of abroad, who could take her on. In the end, it took a concerted effort by her own party to get her out.
Sadly though she destroyed much of the manufacturing industry and left us exposed to imports and inward investments without the balls or capacity to finance, design or build anything.

Ding dong ....comes to mind!

Jacob, just as a matter of interest - is there anything wrong anywhere in the world that isn't Margaret Thatcher's fault? I think we should be told.
She did get one thing completely right; she actually read the proposed Maastricht treaty and saw that it was a pile of poo, i.e. multi state federalism.
"No, No and no" - the rest of Thatcher's "policies" were as daft as Liz Truss's policies.
Trickle down economics has never ever worked (read Galbraith in 1992) and she even motivated Deng Xiaoping to become a capitalist tyranny.
So yes 1 out of 100 ;-)

She did get one thing completely right; she actually read the proposed Maastricht treaty and saw that it was a pile of poo, i.e. multi state federalism.
"No, No and no" - the rest of Thatcher's "policies" were as daft as Liz Truss's policies.
Trickle down economics has never ever worked (read Galbraith in 1992) and she even motivated Deng Xiaoping to become a capitalist tyranny.
So yes 1 out of 100 ;-)

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 09.15.56.png

An ideology is a set of beliefs, especially the political beliefs on which people, parties, or countries base their actions.

Without a set of beliefs to guide our actions we are simply wandering aimlessly - the outcome may be good bad or indifferent.

Were there a clearly articulated shared set of beliefs, all actions would (or should) deliver desirable outcomes.

That there are a diversity of beliefs means that for societies to function a compromise which most can accept is needed. That more extreme opinions are unable to accept compromise simply means that in the interests of society as a whole their views must be ignored or marginalised.

Tough - but that's the way it is.
Societies can only function if their fair. Their not, and never will be.

Jacob, just as a matter of interest - is there anything wrong anywhere in the world that isn't Margaret Thatcher's fault? I think we should be told.

You just don't know how idyllic life was in the USSR, that's all. :ROFLMAO:

Societies can only function if their fair. Their not, and never will be.
Societies can only function if it deals with issues rather than hoping a theory, ideology or magic formula will solve anything. "Communism" and free market fundamentalism fail in similar ways, but communism at least has a moral basis. Trussonomics does not.
"Fairness" is just for kids arguing over sweets.

Back