Insurance for a Sky box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
What do other people do for insurance on their Sky boxes? After our company went bust and I got involved with a bunch of crooks, I think (probably) that I'm uninsured.
Do other people bother? If so, who can you recommend, please?

I take it you mean insurance for breakdowns.

I don't bother, when I have a problem I ring Sky to be told it's a £65 or whatever call out.

Just tell them ok in that case I'll disconnect it and leave it on the doorstep for them to collect after I have cancelled their direct debit.

I still have sky and have never paid a call out, funny that.

Me either, you can normally pick up second hand boxes on the bay for about the price of the cover. I've had about 5 boxes fail on me over the past 10yrs, so I you couldn't say they're reliable. But I also wouldn't say I've ever been out of pocket more than I would have been had I taken the cover.

matt":4mv0up9v said:
Move over to Virgin. They own the box!

Were on Virgin V+, they sent us a new smartcard (except not so smart) we can now only get 5 channels, no record and no iplayer....Just told us they will need to send an engineer......Next Tuesday :shock:

Smudger":1l9ibu76 said:
Cheers all, that was the way I was leaning. I think Tom's approach is the best. We've had 2 callouts in about 10 years.

What buy a one off ebay is better than a free one from sky?

I'm on my third box and have never had to buy one.

Back