Installing a mitre saw with a length gauge and stop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very timely, I'm just finishing off a mitre saw workstation.
Anyone know where you can get the stick on rulers from... And do they have them in left and right hand scales to put on both sides of the saw ?

I was tempted to buy that, still am.

But considering my woodwork is not precision and I sometimes cut dozens of pieces four at a time, I made up a couple of

hardwood stops today.

Just roughed out at this stage.

Attachments

• stops.jpg
    stops.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 21
Amazon have Kreg self adhesive tape measures, right to left or left to right for under £6, free post for orders over £10. Means you have to buy more stuff to get free post, excellent excuse as if we needed any.

Shug

Mrwilson":30ecriws said:
Amazon have Kreg self adhesive tape measures, right to left or left to right for under £6, free post for orders over £10. Means you have to buy more stuff to get free post, excellent excuse as if we needed any.

Shug

You may notice I cunningly left clearance so that I can add a tape. :D

Cunning indeed! I'm doing it the other way round, currently using a chunk of ply and a clamp but hunting about for ideas for making something a bit more bling.

Shug

You can get the tape from a well known online auction site for £7.14 all in.

See my link above.

I went out one night and threw together a 9 by 8 bench and a 10 foot saw "station"

I cut two pieces of 4 by 1 1/2 nailed them together and have been using that set up with a g clamp for going on 15 years now.

But have taken a notion to sort out a few niggles to make life more civilised..

Back