Info required for DW 125 RAS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streepips

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently got a De Walt RAS 125 and its a non runner, in bits.
Now as far as rebuilding the mechanicals, not a problem, done this lots of times on various DeWalts.
Problem with this one is that it was stripped down because the motor wouldn`t run and consequently the electrics were all disconnected.
The capacitor is missing but I have located a new one, and I suspect from what I was told that this may have been the cause of the non running.
However, the cap sits in a box along with the thermal cutout and the power cable comes in one side and the three wires from the motor come in the other side.
Anyone any clue how this all connects up? I have tried the DeWalt service centre for a manual download but all it does is ask for a catalogue number for the manual and so I download Adobe Reader to open the catalogue and it asks me the part number of the catalogue! Sheesh.
Any help appreciated

PS I have trawled endlessly on the web to get an answer and am stuck !

If you do have any trouble, it appears this is a variety of my Black and Decker DN890, which is all up and running. I could take some pics of parts if it would help.

HTH

Neil

Thanks Mailee and Neily, much appreciated!
and yes Neily, just in case Mailee`s is a different layout to mine a pic or two of your layout would be a great fallback.
Many thanks again lads !

My DW125 is different to both of those unfortunately.
I recognise the 890, had one once and the 1251 I know because I have one of those also.
Its the sort with the reset button box on top of the motor, it has mains in, the capacitor, and motor wires, plus connections to overload button.
De walt stopped putting wiring diagrams in the manuals years ago it seems.
Ah well, thanks anyway lads!

Job done......... got a schematics from the machine dealer I got the capacitor from, cabled up and its a runner!
Not bad for a freebie.
So at the moment I have 4 Dewalt ras a 721, a125, a110 and a 1251
Dedicated dadoing and mitering stations methinks.

Thanks again for your efforts to help !

Latest posts

Back