Info on Axminster H1000 please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivan

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has one of these, probably from the mid '80's, in Old Ax bluey green? New to turning, I recently aquired one with the usual boxes of bits and no manual. It's a gap bed of 1m, split pulley speed changes, on a stand with cupbords under the headstock, linked by 2 shelves to the tailstock leg. Axminster found a manual for an early version which has the motor underneath in the cupboard. Mine has the motor above at the rear so the head can be swung.
If anyone recognises this and has a manual with parts list / diagram I would be very grateful for a copy (happy to reimburse copy cost etc)

yours hopefully!

IIRC some were threaded 1" x 10 & others 1" x 8. If you can't measure it, find or borrow something known to be 1" x 8, because it's the most common, & see if it fits.
You probably know the morse taper sizes (I suspect MT2) but if not the measurements are fairly easy to find with a search engine.
These tended to be generic machines, probably out of the same Chinese factories, thus a manual for a similar machine will give you some info.
The split pulley system is called a Reeves drive. I thought Chas had posted something about them in an old thread but I can't find it at the moment.
This is all opinion. I've not used this actual lathe though I had a Draper variant & another turner I know has one similar (may be a 900 or 950).

Latest posts

Back