Inexpensive biscuit joiner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipz

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a inexpensive biscuit joiner,what do you recommend make model cheers.

Personally I am not a fan of cheap biscuit jointers, go for a Freud and it will last you forever.

Mine is about 13 years old now, used very heavily and still on its original blade. Obviously its been sharpened a few times but the blade is extremely good quality.

The cheaper ones blades are awful, they lose their edge and when re-sharpened lose so much metal that the biscuits wont fit any more.

You will pay a bit more but you wont be looking to replace it is a few months

my view anyway

Dodge

chipz":3tywnzhz said:
I am looking for a inexpensive biscuit joiner,what do you recommend make model cheers.

What's your budget and how much use is it going to get?

If your budget is tight, get a slot cutting bit for your router. I would advise against getting a cheap biscuit joiner, other flaws aside, the killer is that the fence assemblies are usually woefull, and 9 times out of 10 result in non parallel slots. This then gives an uneven joint and leaves you with half an hour of hand planing to put it right.

My advice: If you can afford it, get a good one. If not, £30 buys a good Frued biscuit cutter for a router.

Cheers I see toolstation have freud biscuit joiner for around £80 ,so might get that,anyone have the macallister biscuit joiner from bq .

Macallister hmmm! - on a par with Clarke!

I'd stick with the freud if I were you.

Rog

I had a Macallister given to me, tried it once and in the bin it went. Fence on it was total rubbish. ended up using a slot cutter in my router till i had enough money to buy a Freud.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back