Removing play from plunge action in Dewalt Biscuit Joiner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I bought a used Dewalt Biscuit Joiner and after a lot of fettling and tuning there’s still 1mm of play in the plunge action which easily leads to inconsistencies. Anyone know if it’s possible to tighten up the plunge action to remove the slop?

Or to add to the question - any owners noticed theirs developed any play over time? I'm wondering if the unit I got has been dropped or used a lot more than the seller suggested...

I have the d w 682k . I’ve just checked the manual for reference to your issue but alas there is no mention of play in the plunge mechanism. However it seems as it just slides on 2 rails ( I don’t have the exploded diagram) so maybe these rails have worn or the plate itself or possibly both . Half a mm on each of these surfaces would easily account for 1mm of play ..

I have the d w 682k . I’ve just checked the manual for reference to your issue but alas there is no mention of play in the plunge mechanism. However it seems as it just slides on 2 rails ( I don’t have the exploded diagram) so maybe these rails have worn or the plate itself or possibly both . Half a mm on each of these surfaces would easily account for 1mm of play ..
Yeah, it looks like the plastic pieces that line the plunge slide are replaceable (they're held on with a bolt) I can't work out how to get to it, or even if replacements are available. I'll ping a note to Dewalt.

Out of interest, do you notice any play in your machine?

Yeah, it looks like the plastic pieces that line the plunge slide are replaceable (they're held on with a bolt) I can't work out how to get to it, or even if replacements are available. I'll ping a note to Dewalt.

Out of interest, do you notice any play in your machine?
Mine is well over 20 years old but it was I storage for most of these so with minimal use its like new - I can imagine with everyday use they would eventually wear out . It’s a good machine so worth repairing if you can get parts ..

I've had a tinker and and taken it apart - the play does seem to be along the slide casting / plastic slide pads (though they don't look too worn), I can't see anything else it would be. Thanks for that link @Spectric , I've ordered some replacements that will hopefully do the trick.

I have the Dewalt, from new, gave up on it for not being very accurate, bought a Lamello Classic instead.

I'll dig it out and see if the issue was/is the same as yours.

Back