Incra

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the Tilgear catalogue and flyer...

I reckon the basic mitre gauge (probably with a wooden fence) is fine for a router table, and I'm not sure whether the better one will fit my Ryobi BT3000 saw anyway.

I hate paying postage, and want a decent ruler so am thinking of getting an incra rule, but do I want the T rule, the standard rule or the edge rule?
Would I use the protractor?

Yours in confusion again!

Pete

Pete, I am a big fan of Incra as all the kit I have of theirs is superb quality and never proved to be a disappointment in any way shape or form.

In reply to your question I have the Incra T' rule, edge rule and flat rule, all of which have their uses and are super accurate as always, however I do not have the protractor as I have never really found a need for one.

I'd echo what's been said above. I have 4 Incra products: the 90 and 45 degree squares, a 'T' rule and the Mitre SE.

I'd have to say that they are all probably the items in my workshop that have the highest manufacturing standards. I just know they are right. Their manufacturing tolerances seem to me to be absolutely the best you can get without shedding limbs. Can't really fault them.

The gem among my items is the T rule. What a superb bit of kit that's exceptional strengths don't really become apparent until you own one and use it regularly. Couple it with a propelling pencil and I don't see how you can be more accurate by hand and eye.

I was in Dallas a few weeks ago (Incra's home town). Sadly they don't have a trade counter. I'd have spent up if they had.

Top class products.

Back