Inca 342.186 motor problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catalunyanorm

Established Member
Reaction score
After much use my Inca bandsaw motor is playing up..the motor is leroy somer LS80p ..with permanent capacitor which I have just replaced...
The m/c still need s a kick start then runs seemingly well for about 3mins..gets warm/hot then cuts in/out..I guess the thermo probe cute in/out??
CCt Dgm attached...
Does it matter which way round the cap is wired?
Would really really appreciate any pointers..
Regards and thanks in advance ..Norm

Sorry dont appear to be able to upload attachments?????
Go thro filename/browse pc etc but nothing uploads..What am I doing wrong please?
Thanks

I know nothing at all about computors, But one of the mods said sizing was an issue!!!
(I also know less about motors)
HTH Regards Rodders

It is possible that there are both start and run capacitors - you will find another in the terminal box if
it is fitted.

comprehensive manual here http://www.j-ktech.com.pl/files/silniki ... typ-ls.pdf

I would completely remove the fan cover to ensure it is not blocked with dust.
Also if it has had a lot of use I would completely dismantle the motor - clean/check and replace the bearings
the bearing types are listed in the manual - standard sizes - cheap to replace. They are not hard to change if you are careful.
Do not run it until you fix the over heating - it will burn out .

Well after a lot of help from a fellow member (Bob) and resistance checks ...turns out that the phase winding associated with capacitor is s/c...its not having any effect to the running of motor ,borne out by with the power off spinning the motor in the WRONG direction and then switch on. The motor continues to run in the wrong direction !
Guess I need a rewind shop or a load of cash to replace from somewhere ..wherever that might be? Any suggestions?
Thanks

Back