In the beginning.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was in high school and college, I liked to doodle during classes: rather complex doodles that weren't completed until many sessions had gone by. After graduations more than 50 years ago, I saved them. Shortly after my wife and I were married (almost 50 years), we filled in the doodles with colored pens. Then they just sat in a file......until 16 years ago (September 1993), when I first began cutting puzzles.

These are pictures of doodles #'s 1 and 2, two of the first ten puzzles I ever cut. In them, you can begin to see my color-line-cutting style developing. They may look like extremely difficult puzzles to assemble, but they're really only moderately tough - and still phun...

I hope you enjoy them and that it gives those of you who are getting started some ideas for using your own home-art.

Your comments are always welcome..... Carter

377718932.jpg

377718930.jpg

377718729.jpg

377718728.jpg

Thanks for letting us see them Carter i was amazed with the picture of the back which shows your cut lines! :)
got to say those are some weird and wonderful doodles...........what exactly was going through your mind :shock: were your college years a bit of a blur??? :lol:

thanks for showing these Carter. Oddly, I did very similar stuff all over my classbooks at school. I'll have to dig them out to show.

Carter, your doodles and jigsaw puzzles are much more creative and demonstrate more talent than most 'modern art' currently hanging in prestigious galleries.

They're Great Carter! I'd definitely have them hanging on my walls

Sean

I've cut this piece of wood twice but it's still too short!

Having shown them to my wife who is in her opinion a
Professional Jigsaw tester...lol
She said she would love to have a go at your jigsaws..
Very impressive work Thanks for showing them to us.
How long did they take you to complete..?
Alex

Back