In Praise of SIP customer service re 01930 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Blackdog

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm generally quick to moan about bad customer service, but I often fail to give credit where credit's due.

I bought a second-hand SIP 01930 10" table saw, from fleabay. It needed a new motor, which I was happy to replace as it was made clear in the advert.

When I put it all back together, I found I was missing one of the extruded aluminium top pieces. The online SIP dealer, (World of Power) were unable to supply this part as they don't carry it as a spare.

As an outside chance, I phoned UK SIP UK's main company technical department. I explained my predicament to a guy named Liam Holahan, and he promised to look out for a spare part for me. He asked for my email etc. To be honest, I was really surprised that Liam was so helpful - this wasn't a warranty issue and nothing to do with them. I wasn't holding out much hope.

To my amazement, Liam emailed me within a week. His team had located a returned 01930 table saw that could be stripped for parts. They stripped it down and salvaged the part I required. SIP then sent it out to me, without asking for payment for the part and without charging me for delivery.

This degree of customer service stands out for special praise. SIP were genuinely interested in me being able to get the best out of the machine. They clearly had pride in their job, their brand and their company. So hats off to SIP and hats off to Liam for going the extra mile. As a result of this experience, I will not hesitate to buy more SIP products.

I also wanted to mention that I have been able to adjust the blade angle to get it parallel to the fence track and, properly set up, the 01930 table saw is a fantastic piece of kit for the money.

Back