impact driver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodium123

Established Member
Reaction score
HI.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? what's best impact driver including battery and charger for under £100,
thanks in advance
cheers

I've got a makita 10.8V that I swear by - impressively powerful for its size. The Dewalt I sometimes use at work seems solid too but I've never really given it a beasting. Depends what voltage you want and how much punishment you're going to give out. The 18v makita is gret but I don't need anything that heavy.

I bought a Stanley fatmax 18v drill as well as the impact driver, the impact driver has now been used dozens of times and has never missed a beat driving in several hundred 4" decking screws, the battery life is amazing.
In the past I have used / owned Makita and Dewalt and the Bosch pro tools but IMHO the Stanley range is just as good if not better and at least half the price.

I've used Makitas and regularly a Bosch - Both great machines. You'll need a spare battery though - they do get through them if you're busy, (though they've got nothing on an SDS hammer drill in that department!!)

B&Q are doing the Ryobi 1+ 18V impact driver
for £80 at the moment. The supplied battery is
only 1.3Ah and the charger is slow but I've
had no problems with the driver, it's excellent.
If you buy into more of the 1+ tools you'll soon find
you either have enough batteries/ chargers or
you can upgrade to bigger batteries and fast charger.
Jim

Not quite what you asked, but I have the corded Makita (I think they only do the one model). It's pretty decent, and without a battery is lighter in the hand.
The supplied cord is a bit on the short side but I cut all the cords off anyway and use my own cables:
I cut 6m off an old extension reel and make up a lead with an IEC14 plug on the end. I cut the Makita cord short and stuck an IEC14 socket on that end.
The IEC plugs do like to disconnect themselves, so I came up with a piece of 20mm x2mm aluminium flat bar, bent up ends to "hold" the connected IEC plug together, with a bit of shock cord and a cable toggle to elastic band it on.
I've converted most of my power tools to run this way, actually works really well in the workshop.

For under £100 then I doubt you'll beat the Ryobi one+ with a battery and charger. I have quite a lot of Ryobi stuff but their impact driver is the stand out star bit of kit. It's great value for money.

I recently bought a new drill and picked up a new impact in the deal. The new impact is a top of the line Dewalt and it's a great bit of kit but I still very happily grab my Ryobi impact. You won't regret buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got the 10.8v Makita and its brilliant, I bought it as part of a two part set with a drill driver, fast charger and 2 batteries and that was about £120. The batteries are only 2.0ah but they last awhile and as theres two then you can charge one while the other one is being used. Only used it for putting my workshop together but did nearly 200 screws on a single charge.

Back